THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey,when I was a kid there were NO computers.You wanted to make a call (on the road) find a phone booth,and a Dime.TVs were black & white (w/3 channels) and gas was .25 a gal.....And today's world is "progress" ?
My uncle Moe use to say this a lot. In Indian days, the men hunted the women did everything else and than the white guy showed up and thought he could make it all better?
I have never faced book. I joined an arrowhead site because of H.P guy showing Florida stuff. His collection is so over the top and he likes talk and showing them. I like to learn about them and he is great.
Everything else is my evolution. I really try and just keep myself occupied and happy.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Life is a train, on many, many tracks.....none of them doubling back. We're on it...for the ride of our lives. :dontknow:

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yo....... ho ho...........................And a............ bottle of fee fi fo fum... rum.

Evening scallywags.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WHATIFIND,

Speaking of train tracks here you go take a little tour through the rocky mountains.

The Mrs said she'd like to take it one day. I said gee as an employee I got to ride the passenger train free, just showed the employee card-freebee.:headbang:
I believe the Employee card # started 480***, then again I was 16 yrs old and started with the B&B Gang in the mountain division.
Seen some really high bridges without any safety harnesses-Stoney creek bridge would near wet the shorts of a grown man. 266.5ft

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just came in to wish a good night.

Off like a lizard on a windshield wiper in the rain.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's not always about size.

That so right Bill, lots of smaller short fellows can handle themselves.

When my oldest brother got his walking papers. He came into the bedroom to give me the worldly big brother talk.
"I'm not always going to be around to protect you so you listen up. You hit them as hard as you can, if they're still standing, hit them again harder. If they still stand-you run as fast as you can-ok?"
Such wise words I always thought. :laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

Kid's Alright by Bettie Serveert of the Netherlands.
Lead singer, Carol Van Dijk, was born in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada of Dutch parents who moved back to the Netherlands in 1969. English was her first language, and she had problems with the Amsterdam version Dutch. She formed the band in the late '80's with fellow Amsterdam students. They has several albums, but PALOMINE that contains this song is great from beginning to end.

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim,

I started in 1967 at the CPR and we still had free passes so I went to Vancouver on a free pass with 2 buddies for the Grey Cup. We spent more on food and booze than if we had of flown out there....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not always about size.

[video=youtube;2Ux8xSKG7xE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ux8xSKG7xE[video]

That was awesome! I still remember watching Japan Today in the early nineties. They always had The Wrestling Report and there was this Hawaiian guy that was the best sumo wrestler ever.

Akebono- from Hawaii. I had to look it up. That guy was a badazz!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!