THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tomorrow I will get new rear tires installed on the screaming chicken. Why? 'cause the Viking can not..or will not keep his size 15 off the gas pedal!:headbang:
I tried driving barefooted... didn't help..

View attachment 1896411

What most people see...

firebird back.jpg

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning world, that's to everyone and anyone

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a question… the post by XAOS was just a one-off I assume? :dontknow:

I’m going to enjoy this weekend. Starting tonight. Some friends are taking us out for one of those fire pizzas and local wine. Note to self: last time you went there, mr WD left you passed out on the floor in the foyer with a pillow and blanket. Take it easy on the pizza.
Hope you and Mr. WD had a great night out with your friends, I can’t remember the last time we did anything like that. Saturday is pizza night at our house. I pick up a gluten and dairy-free pizza at the grocery store for my wife and my daughter and I grab a pizza from a family-owned place in town… https://www.pizzamunno.com/

RC

AWOL most of yesterday. Took my pup to the Vet yesterday morning for her semi annual. After the shots, blood work and two flea and tick monthly tabs I was removed of $310.68. I could adopt an illegal cheaper than that. But she’s good for 6 months and we are really fond of her.

Side note: last trip was only $196 and change.
Isn’t it amazing how much we spend on our furry friends, but it’s always worth it. The amount of unconditional love and companionship they give us is priceless to me… well almost. :laughing7:

Ok My Max's bill was $220 so now I'm feeling kind of . Been 1.5 yrs since his last visit and the Doc. was impressed with his overall health. Though we got a 7 day ear wash to knock the yeast down that seems to an issue in the right ear. Great news that he seems to have out grown his heart murmur which he was born with, just a small one but it was a concern. Pearly whites-all good there, crowns a tad worn from his playing and chewing.

The Mrs gave him a pedi yesterday so we saved a few$$$ for the nail trim. Muscle ratio was great-35kg/77lb.
That’s a beautiful picture of Max Jim, he looks like a healthy happy boy. I loved how he would lose his mind when I walked through your front door and yet two minutes later he’d be passed out on the floor. :laughing7:

What's the difference between a computer and a woman?
A computer will accept a floppy disk.
What the heck is a floppy disc Whadi... is that one sitting next to your 8-track player on the table? :tongue3:

Here's a chick magnet for you .Got her at 6 weeks old & 1.5 pounds. When we went shopping she lived in my top pocket with just her head sticking out .
I agree Roger, I’ve never had so much female attention before then whenever I walk our new dog, I wish I’d known about this when I was in my 20’s. :laughing7:

Texas Twinkies!! Flank steak, creme cheese... pepper jack cheese, inserted in a jalapeno pepper! I enjoyed biscuits and gravy tonight... but... eating' beat the pic!!
I don't know OV... kinda' random...
Man, those look delicious OV, but I'd be willing to bet your bowels would be turning summersaults the next day. :laughing7:

I cringed every time the guy yelled it.
I hear you ARC, this guy did nothing for our hobby except to make us all look like treasure hunting, money-grabbing yahoo's.
Anyone who does metal detecting could easily see that everything he found was 'planted', not to mention the exaggerated prices he was selling his 'finds' for. :BangHead:

Attachments

• Boom Baby!.jpg
    Boom Baby!.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 55

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Hope you and Mr. WD had a great night out with your friends, I can’t remember the last time we did anything like that. Saturday is pizza night at our house. I pick up a gluten and dairy-free pizza at the grocery store for my wife and my daughter and I grab a pizza from a family-owned place in town…

It was a nice time. The pizza was a little burnt around the edge, but I guess that goes with the manner in which it is baked.
I hope your pizza night is delicious. It sure looks good!

I am off peeps. There is treated lumber in the barn and I get to help start on the she shed. I can’t believe it is really happening. You all have a Blessed day!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
GMorn, Oregon I like your style. 15 inch tires are special order, 15 wide load shoes are too. My nephew has first BB games today. 3 games before noon. They played soccer at that pace too. They use to have good burgers at concession stand, I’ll be a judge. Once in awhile you can win a pie or cake. I know I can’t have everything, I pack my own water...

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like I might have to go back and re-do High School...

A Mendota Heights high school will no longer be named after Henry Sibley, the state of Minnesota’s first governor, marking the latest local move away from honoring historical figures with problematic pasts.

After more than a month of consideration, the West St. Paul-Mendota Heights-Eagan school board on Monday voted unanimously to drop Sibley’s name from the school because of his role in the U.S.-Dakota War and the country’s largest mass execution. The board will now begin the process of choosing a new name and potentially replacing the school’s logo and warriors mascot.

They tore the original buildings down years ago, and now the high school name has been erased. Guess I'll have to remove that from my resume. Luckily I retired from the workforce four years ago, so I'll probably be ok!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning all.......:coffee2: Just watched another Blind Frog Ranch episode .........this thing sure is weird ! On a 1 to 10 I give it a 10 MINUS :)

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Looks like I might have to go back and re-do High School...

A Mendota Heights high school will no longer be named after Henry Sibley, the state of Minnesota’s first governor, marking the latest local move away from honoring historical figures with problematic pasts.

After more than a month of consideration, the West St. Paul-Mendota Heights-Eagan school board on Monday voted unanimously to drop Sibley’s name from the school because of his role in the U.S.-Dakota War and the country’s largest mass execution. The board will now begin the process of choosing a new name and potentially replacing the school’s logo and warriors mascot.

They tore the original buildings down years ago, and now the high school name has been erased. Guess I'll have to remove that from my resume. Luckily I retired from the workforce four years ago, so I'll probably be ok!

You probably won’t like it. I’ve just got that feeling.:laughing9:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning all.......:coffee2: Just watched another Blind Frog Ranch episode .........this thing sure is weird ! On a 1 to 10 I give it a 10 MINUS :)

I must not get that channel RTR. As a matter of fact we only get 2. Around here that show would be named Blind Driver lookin the other way.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning to all.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Air fryer absolutey rules!! You would think that air is not going to get the job done compared to that glorious oil.
Oh My Goodness!

And wings.... OMG

We are using ours more and more Oregon. It works great thats for sure !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread