THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well , I used to think very highly of you.
But that kind of abuse crosses a certain line...:icon_scratch: L.o.l..

I kept a spare decanter for the previous machine.
Then there's always my porcelain-ed steel camping pot.
And...On top of the refrigerator is the filter holder from a discarded coffee maker , and filters.
Just in case ...Despite having a Kurig today , there is coffee for that filter basket at hand.

There must and will be coffee!!!
I found a backup! :hello2:

p.s. The filter holders seem to be multiplying in my cabinets. Why am I keeping those? ???

Last edited:

Sheperdess

Jan 20, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I had "the" someone fix my tire once by taking one off the old vehicle and putting it on the one I drove. The lug nuts weren't as long as the original....but good enough for the old lady to haul
kids to school. After I picked up the neighbor kid, his dad saw that my back tire was wobbling. When I was 12 miles from home my tire was rolling along in the ditch beside me. And the neighbor was not too far behind. He hauled the kids the rest of the way to school and took me home. Thank God for good neighbors!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning RCT

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning ARC D9CB0CCF-63A9-4927-A6D0-C90205A32ED0.jpeg

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning AARC and Rook

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning pepper

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
GMorn everbody, mid 70s yesterday mid 40s today and cloudy drizzle. I was thinking I missed what Pete found in Fl.
It’s a bugger to display a umbrella without one of those bases, I do know that. Have nice day!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time for some real treasure hunting....I've decided to tackle the biggest spanish treasure opportunity of my life alone. I think I can keep the attention to a minimum if I hunt by myself. I have a very small area, in very shallow water, in a very high profile area. Im gonna have to work this spot secretly, but right in front of everyone. Im ditching any high profile vessels that will give me up by being seen at the same spot day after day. I will use my salvage vessel the "buzzard" to get in and out without to much attention. The buzzard is my treasure hunting kyak. It draws little to no attention on the water. I don't like the dangers of hunting alone .... but I can't take a risk of anyone knowing just exactly what I've found here....its a major find and could very well be my retirement from work. The metal detector grumbles and makes noises on the whole spot. I will leave it behind and hand fan this dream treasure spot....thats right ... I've already found enough to know there is a major amount of metal objects under the sand here. I've been waiting for a couple major problems to work out before I can attack this spot....I finally got the last piece of the puzzle yesterday and am now poised to make a major recovery here in the future.....I plan to start work here soon.....stand by.....this isby far the biggest shot at a major spanish treasure find I've ever had !! I have to believe that there is much more here than just a few coins.....I don't want to jinx myself with the G word, but this is where the big spanish gold should be !! The biggest treasure adventure I've ever embarked on.....and right in plain sight....hidden and lost amongst the hustle and bustle of the Florida keys.

Sheperdess

Jan 20, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning Guys! It's Friday.
Bart I wish you all the luck on your secret adventure!!!
Be invisible and quiet! If you strike it rich , I want to retire too.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Time for some real treasure hunting....I've decided to tackle the biggest spanish treasure opportunity of my life alone. I think I can keep the attention to a minimum if I hunt by myself. I have a very small area, in very shallow water, in a very high profile area. Im gonna have to work this spot secretly, but right in front of everyone. Im ditching any high profile vessels that will give me up by being seen at the same spot day after day. I will use my salvage vessel the "buzzard" to get in and out without to much attention. The buzzard is my treasure hunting kyak. It draws little to no attention on the water. I don't like the dangers of hunting alone .... but I can't take a risk of anyone knowing just exactly what I've found here....its a major find and could very well be my retirement from work. The metal detector grumbles and makes noises on the whole spot. I will leave it behind and hand fan this dream treasure spot....thats right ... I've already found enough to know there is a major amount of metal objects under the sand here. I've been waiting for a couple major problems to work out before I can attack this spot....I finally got the last piece of the puzzle yesterday and am now poised to make a major recovery here in the future.....I plan to start work here soon.....stand by.....this isby far the biggest shot at a major spanish treasure find I've ever had !! I have to believe that there is much more here than just a few coins.....I don't want to jinx myself with the G word, but this is where the big spanish gold should be !! The biggest treasure adventure I've ever embarked on.....and right in plain sight....hidden and lost amongst the hustle and bustle of the Florida keys.

Is it legal to spearfish the area? That would justify you snorkling/scuba diving and repeatedly being under water. (Nevermind if fish are few, not everyone knows you know fish.)
Short of being allowed to spearfish , a fishing rod can hint that you are fishing. That won't fool binoculars though...

You should never drop your knife in the water. But if it's a sentimental one , going swimming to freedive and try to recover it makes sense.
Too bad the yak was moving when you dropped it over there.. No wait , it was upwind further. No , you spotted a big rock on the way by after you dropped it. Crap , it must have drifted on the fall.
Might as well try a crude grid if you have time before you leave. And note the area's coordinates and landmarks if you don't find it so you can return to look for it again.
Dang it. Carried that knife after it was gifted for a very long time....

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
.....I will be the first to volunteer being a manatee decoy Bart, 2-3 days a week? You bring me cheeseburgers and I’ll eat them. The tourists will think it’s just a routine by some local guy in a kayak. All for 20% off the top.? Not too greedy, pigs get fat, hogs get butchered....

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it legal to spearfish the area? That would justify you snorkling/scuba diving and repeatedly being under water. (Nevermind if fish are few, not everyone knows you know fish.)
Short of being allowed to spearfish , a fishing rod can hint that you are fishing. That won't fool binoculars though...

You should never drop your knife in the water. But if it's a sentimental one , going swimming to freedive and try to recover it makes sense.
Too bad the yak was moving when you dropped it over there.. No wait , it was upwind further. No , you spotted a big rock on the way by after you dropped it. Crap , it must have drifted on the fall.
Might as well try a crude grid if you have time before you leave. And note the area's coordinates and landmarks if you don't find it so you can return to look for it again.
Dang it. Carried that knife after it was gifted for a very long time....

Ya know, RC?

For some reason that reminds me of a trip of my own.

I'd decided to try water hunting again. I made the equipment necessary and thought I'd try them out in a nearby creek. This creek ran thru a state park though. (Something I didn't know at the time).

Anyway, I waded downstream and into the confines of the park. Happily cleaning up a plethora of junk! The equipment was working! I didn't expect to find gold doubloons! :tongue3:

Along comes this young park ranger, jumping up and down on the shore and ordering me out of the creek! Can't do that here! Park doesn't allow! There's a fine! Etc. Etc.

I wandered over to him, staying in the creek. In short order, his backup arrived which he must've radioed for...to handle this invasion/destruction of park property!! :eek:

The elder, calmer park ranger supervisor asked me if I'd found much. I showed him my trash bag and a lone button. He smiled, then turned to the younger, Gestapo wannabe and asked what the problem was here. He started trying to quote park regulations, fines, etc. The older man put his hand on his shoulder to stop him. Then explained.

"One...this man is *not* on park property!
Two...the land under the creek is *not* part of the park!
Three...you've been *very* rude in dealing with this person who pays our salary!
Four...This man is doing nothing wrong and is even cleaning up the creek!
Five....Apologize to this man and then go study your own rules and regulations some more!"

The supervisor and I chatted a bit more about past finds, shook hands and parted.

For some reason, I smiled the rest of the day, despite no "good" finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread