THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were at one of those parties at the end of the 1st gulf war(as 2 carrier battle groups returned to Norfolk) .At Hooters Bar,(back then it was ocean side),Virginia Beach.This place here>> https://www.hooters.com/locations/31606-virginia-beach
might of held legally 150 people Max. That day it had maybe 700 .You couldn't buy a drink if you wanted . Booze ,every-kind under the sun was 'on the house'.Everyone in uniform from generals/Admirals to pilots to the new recruits.WHAT a freaking party....And it lasted the entire weekend. :occasion14:

Last edited:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crispin's Day is a now defunct holiday which was celebrated by the Roman C. Church up until the second Vatican Counsel. It celebrates a pair of twin brothers that were martyed.

Crispin's Day was celebrated on October 25, which was last Friday of this week. It is entirely notable to me only for a line William Shakespeare wrote-

The King was trying to rile up the men to fight France with a speech. The last line of that speech is one of Shakespeare's most eloquent sentences ever-

... And gentlemen in England now a-bed shall think themselves accursed they were not here and hold their manhood cheap whilst any speaks that fought with us, on this St. Crispin's Day!

Last edited:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I suppose that applies to business, drinking, and women, but in a lot of instances W. Buffett's key to success is false, IMO.

When I was about twenty I was not too aware of reality and I inadvertently turned down a job advancement drawing prints and writing materials lists for wood crates and pallets. I had worked in the shop for a year and a half and the salesmen for the company were once astounded that I correctly interpreted a sketch and sketchy materials list and assembled the correct product. The bar napkin it was sketched out on had a drink set on it. The salesman and the customer were pretty drunk when they drew it. But hey- a box is a box, no matter how big or small, how long or tall, staight or round, so long as the customer likes it.

Same place I was offered second shift supervisor. I turned it down. Not that I would have worked there much longer, but both opportunities could have moved me along economically, I think.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Brush hogging is much easier when one tire is not totally flat...

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!
We just returned from Ye Ole Renaissance Festival. There were pirates and wenches, kings and queens, and wenches and pirates, and ladies and lords, and pirates and wenches, and fairies, elves and pixies, and wenches and pirates, British and American soldiers, pirates and wenches, witches,warlocks, ghouls,goblins. And did I mention the pirates and wenches?
It was Mr Wd's first time and my second. The food lines were rediculous, so we only had a soft pretzel and woodchuck brew which is an apple cider beer. We bought piratey jewelry and piratey clothes. Good times!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you & mr. WD have to model all the pirate items, we want to see!

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
Guess my sister in law lost her atocha coin 2 nights ago swimming at the boat dock. So I'll be down there with the hookah searching for it. This is the third atocha coin she has lost....mel fisher would love this chic....shes there best customer !! Shes terrified to tell her husband until I look. Probably she wont say a word to him if I find it !!
OK,this explains the 2 I recovered ,thought a treasure chest got picked up by the calosas..haha ...maybe they were repo,not a big loss good luck boat dock mud sucks

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your right KEYSHUNTER......I'll be better off hunting galleons tomorrow.....that sucked....the silt is still oozing out of my left ear !! No coin !! 1 1/2 ft. Silt. Gravel and rocks under there somewhere !! Touch down on my knees up to my ba☆☆s in silt !! Crab crawled over my leg. Nothing to dive on but Nitrox in 8 feet of zero vis !! Blew up the equinox after 30 mins. At 8 ft !! I fu☆☆☆☆g new this would happen. No return here !! And I smell like ship and am at half volume in my left ear.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot the crying sister in law....3rd lost coin in 1 month !!! 1st one just lost. Second one stolen in a move. 3rd one lost 2 nights ago at the dock. Pissed off husband !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A depaulas jewlrey piece KEYSHUNTER !! You know the place ?? They love my sis in law.....she just keeps coming back !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Implant coin under skin RC....thinking about that...it might be a pretty cool tatoo....and I have none. Chain and coin tattoo might work for me ?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions