THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
0.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've done a little of that bill. Now is the season....as soon as we get a cold snap the big ones go to the black top/asphalt to warm up !! That's when there easy to go after.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
well no deer oh well

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart,

Well don't know how much the bounty is but worth giving it a shot just to cull some of them out. You'll have no mammals left at all pretty soon in the everglades otherwise.

I've done a little of that bill. Now is the season....as soon as we get a cold snap the big ones go to the black top/asphalt to warm up !! That's when there easy to go after.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't open the reply so , yah de yah de yah da ya. True South. We had a lot of spies. The northern troups had a lot of spies., it all matters too these days Laugh I think we're friends but the blood runs true in the South. We're not liberals down here.

I found an interesting story the other day. A couple years ago, I was told Morgan's Raiders came into Ohio. So I researched it. I only found out that they briefly crossed into Ohio and then Indiana. A month ago, a FB friend clued me in on some more information and then the other day I found this story:

JOHN MORGAN'S RAIDERS
Very few citizens of the county are aware that two of John Morgaii's raiders were captured at Piqua during the memorable rebel raid through Ohio in 1863. Dr.F.E.Kitzmiller of that city, has furnished me with the following interesting account of this little known incident of the Civil War.
"In 1863 John Morgan's brigade became scattered in southern Ohio. In Piqua those days all was excitement of war and the latest news from the front was upon every one's lips. No person in Piqua ever expected to see a live rebel in this vicinity, and I will never forget old Piqua one morning about 9:30 when something happened.
"Two men, both young, but tired and care-worn, came into Piqua upon the Urbana Pike to Main Street, then south to the Public Square and went west on High Street to College, then south to the Covington Pike. These men were horseback, each riding a small bay horse. The horses were also very tired.
"Within five minutes after they went west from the public square they were suspicioned as being Morgan men.
"They rode through Piqua very slowly, allowing their horses to walk, no doubt to avoid suspicion. Within ten minutes after they left the public square, my father, E. A. Kitzmiller, William Brooks, the liveryman, and myself, started west in my father's buggy. We drove fast and came up to the two men about two hundred yards east of the toll gate, which was at the corner of Covington Avenue and Washington.
Just as we approached the two men the town marshal, Samuel Garvey, and Zach Shipley came up along side of us, horseback.
"The two men made no effort to escape and were ordered to dismount, which they did. They were then searched. They carried no firearms and stated that they were on their way to Indiana to visit a sister.
"Attached to the saddle of each horse was found a small package containing a little wearing apparel, and on the inside of each package was found a half of a Union cent, the same being cut in two. This was considered very suspicious, and they were told to mount their horses and proceed ahead of us to town.
They were taken to the old town hall, the present City Building, where they confessed that they were members of John Morgan's brigade and they both said they were glad they were under arrest."
These fellows were quite intelligent, and two men were never better treated in Piqua than they. They smoked and ate and had a jolly good time until 3 o'clock p.m. when they were taken to Columbus and confined in the Ohio penitentiary as prisoners of war. When they left Piqua for Columbus more than a thousand people cheered them a good-bye.
"For years I have wondered whether either of these men were alive and a year ago I wrote a Lexington, Keiitucky. newspaper, making inquiry. They published my letter, but no answer ever came.
"I recently received a letter from O.B.Gould, warden of the Ohio Penitentiary, saying the John Morgan men were all confined there, but they had no record as to where they were captured.
Mr. Shipley and myself are the only, persons alive who were connected with the capture, and by inquiry I can find no one here who seems to remember the matter.
"I write this that the matter may not be forgotten."

I find it quite interesting and curious that they were so far north.

I also found this to be a little out of the norm, being as there was supposed to be such bitterness between the sides:

These fellows were quite intelligent, and two men were never better treated in Piqua than they. They smoked and ate and had a jolly good time until 3 o'clock p.m. when they were taken to Columbus and confined in the Ohio penitentiary as prisoners of war. When they left Piqua for Columbus more than a thousand people cheered them a good-bye.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I found an interesting story the other day. A couple years ago, I was told Morgan's Raiders came into Ohio. So I researched it. I only found out that they briefly crossed into Ohio and then Indiana. A month ago, a FB friend clued me in on some more information and then the other day I found this story:

I find it quite interesting and curious that they were so far north.

I also found this to be a little out of the norm, being as there was supposed to be such bitterness between the sides:

Danged toll gates!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to galleon hunting.....diving on Monday. I'm learning the aqua scan DX-300. Water was like milk today and very rough.....no fish !

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://www.aquascan.co.uk/dx300.html
So if I go down with the pulse 8x or excal and I cant find the target within 30 feet of the marker bouy.....well that can be a good sign !!
We go back down with the DX-300 it'll see a cannon way down under the sand.......and a older wreck like were searching for could be very deep in the bottom.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://www.aquascan.co.uk/dx300.html
So if I go down with the pulse 8x or excal and I cant find the target within 30 feet of the marker bouy.....well that can be a good sign !!
We go back down with the DX-300 it'll see a cannon way down under the sand.......and a older wreck like were searching for could be very deep in the bottom.

Bart...

The 8x will easily see a cannon... up to 6 foot deep with stock V2 coil.

With skid... 8 foot +/- deep... four feet to either side of the coil (12 foot total width) known to hit at more depending.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread