THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
7905E206-ABDF-4056-BA06-0A8EE4292FB3.jpeg

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whipped up a rustic roasted pasta sauce with our garden tomatoes should be tasty.

Attachments

• DSC04140.JPG
    DSC04140.JPG
    508.8 KB · Views: 15

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Whipped up a rustic roasted pasta sauce with our garden tomatoes should be tasty.
It looks tasty Bill, we were going to bake the sauce we boiled down yesterday, and this morning it ended up in the freezer, as it was thick enough.
Tomato soup at lunch with olive bread and hummus.
Apple tree planting event for an organic garden group.
Seems like a bumper tomato/potato crops this year.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been marinating salmon slices today to grill up for dinner. That and fresh corn. Just started my charcoal chimney.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Roasted fresh garden onions and potatoes.
Just 1/4ed up a whole chicken and it's now on the BBQ.
Fresh garden salad with all the trimmings.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

We may not be the most succesful detectorists or pirates but we dang well all eat good....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Last edited:

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was level A at ground zero...Got there 3 days later...on Sept 14th..
Spent 10 days there attached to NYC Department of Buildings as a structural engineer looking at damaged structures to temp support or reduce risk of failure...when removing debris, always had to do this carefully...they would use GPR and if there were voids (there could be survivors) so had to engineer the pick...

2nd day there, SWAT picked me up...reports of a dirty bomb at the shipyard...since I was level A certified, and had all the certs...well, yahoo....A container had set off the rad detectors...

Kindof a funny ending, it was a shipment of mushrooms from Poland...the container set off the rad detectors...I had to suit up and remove all of the boxes, nothing but mushrooms...turns out, they were from area downwind of Chernobyl...then shipped through Poland to avoid the issues...

Was a very interesting time...

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Creaky...I do occasionally miss the Salmon from The PacNW...you would drive over to hood canal...there would be the plastic containers full of live fish...$5 per Salmon, about 10 to 12 pounds each..

Marinate in salt water for 2 days...the dry off an put uncovered in the refrig for 2 days to get a nice pedicule going...a little salt, pepper, paprika...then Alder smoked...

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crap? Laundry?

Would you like me to lend you a pair of rubber pants?

:laughing7:

hahahaha....I guess that post didnt age well!....

I did get laundry done...T Storms all day long, so wasnt tempted by the beach....

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ponder this...

The COVID virus allegedly escaped from the Wuhan facility, Level 4 biosecurity facility (the highest level).

Yet, we are required to wear a cloth mask to prevent from getting it ??????

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
xaos,

Regardless of where the covid virus came from fact remains the vaccines and masks reduce the risks of getting.....or if you get it dying from it.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was level A at ground zero...Got there 3 days later...on Sept 14th..
Spent 10 days there attached to NYC Department of Buildings as a structural engineer looking at damaged structures to temp support or reduce risk of failure...when removing debris, always had to do this carefully...they would use GPR and if there were voids (there could be survivors) so had to engineer the pick...

2nd day there, SWAT picked me up...reports of a dirty bomb at the shipyard...since I was level A certified, and had all the certs...well, yahoo....A container had set off the rad detectors...

Kindof a funny ending, it was a shipment of mushrooms from Poland...the container set off the rad detectors...I had to suit up and remove all of the boxes, nothing but mushrooms...turns out, they were from area downwind of Chernobyl...then shipped through Poland to avoid the issues...

Was a very interesting time...

That story really makes the garden even tastier, and foraging for shrooms even more appealing.
That is one F....dup event....crazy actually.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
***YAWN***