THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone know what these are? Research has been an epic fail!! They are in relation to... Model trains. HO scale more then likly. I bought to large boxes from goodwill of model trains, parts, buildings etc. 2" x 3" package measurements.

plastic rail joiners - that is my guess.

Edit - Vintage plastic ho rail joiners

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning, pirates!

The ship is rocking! :headbang:

I really am hating this kerfunkle with the punctuation marks. :BangHead: :angry4: :angry5:

AND..... I think ARC placed a curse on me last night by saying my spider was the size of BB. I ended up digging 14 BBs last night. 14 little :cussing: BBs!

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning fellas.

20 years ago today, My dad was spending time at home with my mom before he headed off to work the next day at Dulles International Airport. I wasn't even born yet.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crap...another formation just off coast of Africa.....

I need to do laundry....

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning fellas.

20 years ago today, My dad was spending time at home with my mom before he headed off to work the next day at Dulles International Airport. I wasn't even born yet.
I bet tomorrow is going to be a very surreal day for him.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My recollection of 9/11 which is the 20th Anniversary tomorrow is still fresh in my mind.

Reason being is I received an early pension buyout and my last day on the job was the end of August /01.

My retirement party was scheduled for the Thursday of the week of 9/11 and the towers came down on the Monday. I received a phone call from my General Manager Monday afternoon asking if I was ok if it was postponed.

My answer was it's not a time for partying with all the death and destruction and I don't want any of my friends and coworkers flying during these uncertain times.

The gathering was held a few weeks later.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning Tnet

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Rook, ARC, Bill

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DSC_0085.jpg

The helmet my dad wore while searching for survivors in the rubble of the Pentagon. He found no survivors, instead finding only body parts and airplane wreckage.

So far for the past day or so he has been watching 9/11 documentaries without saying a word. He packed his bag after spending all night at the Pentagon, to take a train to Ground Zero to help. My mom begged him not to go, so he stayed. He regrets that decision very badly according to him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread