THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.

Ordered an 87 inch cable for one of the Cubs that won't crank.
The original made it since 1948 , but rotted partway through where the casing got damaged.

Road trip to pick up another lantern from auction today. A decent 1962 Coleman "big hat" too cheap to pass up though not too rare, yet. And another ammo-can (tupperware for men) , and a section of chain for tractor use.

A 1949 242C Coleman is up for auction this week.
I'll have serious competition for it.
Only own one that was Dad's and having another for parts if needed would be good. Depending on price...
Get it running good if acquired and a mild restoration without messing up it's vintage , and it'll gain value.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mornin all.

Ordered an 87 inch cable for one of the Cubs that won't crank.
The original made it since 1948 , but rotted partway through where the casing got damaged.

Road trip to pick up another lantern from auction today. A decent 1962 Coleman "big hat" too cheap to pass up though not too rare, yet. And another ammo-can (tupperware for men) , and a section of chain for tractor use.

A 1949 242C Coleman is up for auction this week.
I'll have serious competition for it.
Only own one that was Dad's and having another for parts if needed would be good. Depending on price...
Get it running good if acquired and a mild restoration without messing up it's vintage , and it'll gain value.
Morning RC
Best of luck with the lantern buy.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picnic turnout was great, hope some of y'all managed to make it. If not, you missed a good time.
To busy fishing and treasurehunting in the bahamas.....I've missed them because its the time of the year im in the bahamas 🇧🇸

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20220502_130005.jpg

First find from Baltic wreck.....plated jewelry fused to rock on the shore in front of the wreck !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not as sexy as gold and jewels, but a super recovery with lots of history. Thanks for sharing.
Nick maillis is on treasurenet.....I think he goes by "kalick gold". He is teamed up with michel paitman now, and....well I'm not gonna say anything except we have never crossed paths....but....we have definitely been over the same ground with different approaches!! Mr. Paitman is also on treasurenet, and was once involved in permitting for the bahamian govt. Now I'm almost certain that both are in the pocket of mr. Allen and company from my previous post....and.....thats where I'm gonna stop all the gossiping !! Can't speculate on things I cannot confirm !! On another note treasurenets very own makydon was the one whos blow boat you see in that video, and I belive there is a shot of him in the video. This is how I came to treasurenet......after rediscovering this wreck 5 years ago I joined treasurenet so I could reach out to makydon for info on the wreck....and here I've been ever since !! Wooo hoooo !!

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick maillis is on treasurenet.....I think he goes by "kalick gold". He is teamed up with michel paitman now, and....well I'm not gonna say anything except we have never crossed paths....but....we have definitely been over the same ground with different approaches!! Mr. Paitman is also on treasurenet, and was once involved in permitting for the bahamian govt. Now I'm almost certain that both are in the pocket of mr. Allen and company from my previous post....and.....thats where I'm gonna stop all the gossiping !! Can't speculate on things I cannot confirm !! On another note treasurenets very own makydon was the one whos blow boat you see in that video, and I belive there is a shot of him in the video. This is how I came to treasurenet......after rediscovering this wreck 5 years ago I joined treasurenet so I could reach out to makydon for info on the wreck....and here I've been ever since !! Wooo hoooo !!
And we are all glad you are here, Bart. You add a lot of spice to our pirate stew. Well done, mate

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions