THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold Ask $1,683.46... = ... + $37.64 this morn.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning RR and GB1

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just found out this guy was my great uncle.

Jay S. Troup, 391st Bomb Group, 574th Bomb Squadron, Martin B-26 Marauder Man.

Target: Ahrweiler, Germany. Formation attacked by 50 to 75 enemy aircraft attacking in waves of 10 to 15 aircraft. Buckley (tail gunner) reported his guns had jammed, and was then killed after being struck in the chest by a 20mm shell. Crew bailed out but Mickelson and Brandon could not open nose wheel door or bomb bay and may have been trying to land aircraft which either crashed or blew up.

Jay bailed out, and was captured by the krauts, and put into a POW camp. He survived.

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning AARC, bill, RR, bart, GB1, WD, Tom, rc,.... and the rest of the rum rangers

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is amazing! He was in Stalag Luft III, The POW camp that the movie, The Great Escape was made depicting the true story of the greatest POW escape of WWII. He was not one of the ones who escaped though.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
The invasion was a success. Dearborn, Selma, Muncie and other towns were taken, being annexed into our further reaching claw of of Confederate might. Eh. Not really. :laughing7:

Indiana is flat as hell, I'll say that. Nothing but corn, corn, corn, corn, corn, corn, yawn....... corn, corn, corn......

I did see some dandy old Civil War homes, and many creeks to hunt arrowheads in. We stopped off at a great place to eat too, and WD, We got to see a New York Central 2-6-0 Steamer, a full NKP Passenger car set, Alco and Baldwin switchers, and some neat 1950s refrigerator cars. Of course this was all when we were zipping through town. My mom drives like a nut.

A puppy is not like a cat at all. IT WOULD. NOT. SHUT. UP. Four hours back through the three state lines we crossed, it sang a mournful, and high decibel song. Gonna be a looooong nnight.

Another thing, what's up with the Indiana girls? The tallest, lankiest, looking creatures you'll ever behold. I felt like tossing a sandwich to them, they needed it!

You can also tell it's Trump country up there, nothing but signs, flags, and more signs on every barn, and at every other house. As if they didn't have enough of that, they also have a cluster of fireworks stands at the IN/OH border. Two of which were right beside each other, one saying Premium Fireworks, and the other saying Better Fireworks. :laughing7:

Glad you made it there and back unscathed.

As for the girls, I think they're skinny because they are all running away from Peyton, LOL! :laughing9:

We shop at the fireworks place at least once a year.

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
, what's up with the Indiana girls? The tallest, lankiest, looking creatures you'll ever behold.
I felt like tossing a sandwich to them, they needed it!

"Any 6 footers?"

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom your gonna love my secret weapon....my hunting partner is the stewardess for the big boat. She was using the garret carrot and managed to make some good finds. she's a firecracker of energy and loves to be in on my adventures when she's not working. She got a nice bottle while digging in the iron layer !!

She got way down there and got a nice bottle !!

Buddy, PREPARE THE GUEST ROOM!

I am on the way! :laughing7:

6u65u75.jpg

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
FAIL! :laughing7:

Just imagine if your kid draw such a pic in school :headbang: The hole you digging to hide yourself will NEVER be deep enough!

When-I-Grow-Up-I-Want-To-Be-Like-Mommy-Funny-Drawing-Image.jpg

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dance me to the end of love.

Big Leonard Cohen fan here. :hello2:

Fortunate to have seen him three times in the years leading up to his sad demise. On one occasion he did a gig a coupe of miles from my home at an impromptu outdoor venue, with Suzanne Vega in support. It rained miserably for which he apologised profusely, continually thanked us for coming, and rewarded us with seven encores!

I have an unrelated question. In the last few days, the RCT has sporadically disappeared from the forum menu listing. I can still find it by using my (or others) recent posts as a link, but not via the menu structure. Normal or not?

Night all.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an unrelated question. In the last few days, the RCT has sporadically disappeared from the forum menu listing. I can still find it by using my (or others) recent posts as a link, but not via the menu structure. Normal or not?

Ah. Ignore that question. It's just dawned on me that it's not actually part of the menu structure and only appears as a "recent thread" when someone has recently posted to it.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red-Coat,

Well I cheat somewhat....I just added this thread to my bookmarks then click on that which brings me to the thread. I like using the k.i.s.s. method(keep it simple stupid....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread