THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rusty it's science name for coronavirus, which I also label it C19 for short.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Idahodutch, i was just wanting local news seems best I can do is from the next state over. ...so if there is ever one of those "alerts, run for your lives the sky is falling in your area". I just won't get it.

Also I was wanting more truth and clarity in the news but I guess that's like pulling a rabbit out of my ....hat. (*;*)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....like the state of emergency just declared in MASS. Which my friend was kind enough to text me and tell me.
The sky is falling...news at 11 ...not!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Msbeepbeep,

Yep panic in the streets and way overblown courtesy of the media for the most part. I trimmed back on the stock portfolio for both me and the missus. Sold the weaker stocks and leaving in cash for the time being.

Holding onto stocks like Costco, Proctor and Gamble, Mastercard, etc only the strongest of the strong until this crazy virus peaks and starts coming down.

We've also been quietly adding to our stockpile of pasta, dried beans, rice and other non perishables in case things get really crazy out there.

Ironically there's a Chinese expression "may you live in interesting times" sounds more like a curse to me....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no need to panic unless your old, but if your old your wise so you know not to panic.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the idiot news would stop trying to create panic & thus more news, we'd all be good

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Afternoon Msbeepbeep.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Msbeepbeep,

Yep panic in the streets and way overblown courtesy of the media for the most part. I trimmed back on the stock portfolio for both me and the missus. Sold the weaker stocks and leaving in cash for the time being.

Holding onto stocks like Costco, Proctor and Gamble, Mastercard, etc only the strongest of the strong until this crazy virus peaks and starts coming down.

We've also been quietly adding to our stockpile of pasta, dried beans, rice and other non perishables in case things get really crazy out there.

Ironically there's a Chinese expression "may you live in interesting times" sounds more like a curse to me....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Hey bill
I made another batch of sanitizer today. Mississippi hasn't reported a case yet but the news comes on in about 20 minutes so I guess we'll have one. Memphis has reported a couple so it's just a matter of time. And to Mississippi is such a rural state could help some. Carried the bride to the doc today and they ask had she been out of the country. Wish I'd been there when they ask that:laughing7:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
rook,

There is a plus side to being home bodies limited contact probably reduces the chances of catching it.

Knock on wood so far Canada only has about 80 cases and 1 death in BC which is the other side of the country from me.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WD,

Kind of like metal detecting it's all about the thrill of the chase and the finds are a bonus.....in this case it's all about the beer and Melanie happens to be a bonus.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

So that's the gal you go and flirt with when you say your going on your weekly pub outing? She's cute. Yea, right, it's for the beer. :laughing9:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So our govenor comes on the TV and says "hey if you're under 40, leave the hand sanatizer in the stores. You don't need it, leave it for the older folks who do need it".

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
....like the state of emergency just declared in MASS. Which my friend was kind enough to text me and tell me.
The sky is falling...news at 11 ...not!

We don't know what to believe. They talk like something new, but Lysol can says right to on it, that it kills coronavirus.
From what I gather, it is similar to flu, affects the elderly mostly that are already sick, the worst. But again, what to believe.

If we get sick, we get sick.
5g, is what I wonder about, don't know enough about it.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rusty,

The people most at risk are the older folks 60+ heh that's me and the misses.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Not prepared to hide under the bed just yet.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Idahodutch,

Well from what I've found out by researching it's somewhat worse because it appears to be a combo of the flu and a version of pneumonia at once so a double whammy which explains why older folks are the most likely to whacked with it.

We don't know what to believe. They talk like something new, but Lysol can says right to on it, that it kills coronavirus.
From what I gather, it is similar to flu, affects the elderly mostly that are already sick, the worst. But again, what to believe.

If we get sick, we get sick.
5g, is what I wonder about, don't know enough about it.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Rusty,

The people most at risk are the older folks 60+ heh that's me and the misses.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Not prepared to hide under the bed just yet.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

If you're still spry enough to climb under and fight the cat, you're not ready yet.

I'd just fall on top of the bed and call it good.
Make it easier for the next (young) home owners to find the cause of the smell after they sort out the dogs contributions. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread