mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coors has an expiration date stamped on it - month and year. It's 112 days from ship date. I believe Coors is the only unpasteurized beer, so it has the shortest expiration date. It is the main reason they opened so many facilities, so that they could ship the beer and still have 3 months of shelf life. Used to be a time when it only shipped to certain geographical areas around Golden, Colorado.

B

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
hollowpointred said:
beer these days is pasteurized and will keep for years although it probably wont taste very good. generally speaking, with beer, fresh is a good thing. ;)
SERIUOS :'(

Attachments

• P1180004.JPG
    P1180004.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 197

trashdude

Nov 21, 2007
Cocoa, Fl
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT, QXT, Beach Hunter, Vibra-Tector 730
LoL, Dale.

I was waiting for you to tell that story. If you weren't, I was going to.
Had to be from the 70's. :D :D :D :D

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Mexican Corona beer? It probably teases the same weather it was freshly brewed or has been sitting around for 10 years. But that is MHO.

If it has been in the hot garage for two years, I would be very careful.

Only tried Corona one time and it immediately brought to mind the true meaning of the term skunk beer. Never knew what that term meant, till that day. LOL I did not care for the taste and do not intend to give it a second chance.

;D

Enjoy

Ray S

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coors still is not pastuerized.

Quote from their Investors Relations Department: January 18, 2008

The first "car" of the Silver Bullet Train is a mobile brewery tour containing displays and large flat-screen televisions to educate consumers about the unique Coors Light filtration brewing process and the history of Coors Brewing Company. Coors Light is the only domestic light beer that is micro-filtered at near freezing temperatures, instead of heat-pasteurized.

B

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the nicest beers I've tried I'm proud to say, have been beers that I've home-brewed and stored for two to three years.
Best in dark bottles and avoid extreme temperature fluctuations.
The beer will change colour and develop all sorts of complex flavour over time, just like wine.

This won't happen with every brew, but when it does it can be magic ;D

I have in the past, entered aged brews into regional competition and some have received Gold Medal points.

I gave my Dad a dozen quarts of my brew once. He would drink a quart a year, so after a couple of years he offered a Bro in Law a drink. Bro in Law said- No Way, it'll be rotten. Well afterwards, they couldn't stop raving about the fantastic brew they had tried.

On the other side of the 'argument', Beer is Beer and was never intended for long term storage ;)

Cheers, Mike

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Mrs. O,

Another little note about Coors beer.
If kept refrigerated it will last the 112 days.
It begins to spoil as soon as it gets warm.
That is why you see them bring coors in refer trucks, rether than regular delivery type beverage trucks.

Thom

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep - you are right - that's why they will exchange it.

At the store, you sign an agreement when you are going to sell Coors, that you understand their products and procedures. (a copy hangs in the cooler).

B

OP
OP
S

stefen

mrs.oroblanco said:
Mexican Corona beer has a shelf life of 3 years.

B

From Corona:

Corona is the number-one selling beer in Mexico and the leading export ... The brew contains 8% alcohol, has a shelf life of three years

Party time ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread