migraine head ache?

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
S

Smee

Usually, before I get mine, I see flashing lights. Little white specs . . . sometimes moving, sometimes just flashing on and off.

Best solution I have found is for me to stay away from the "pain killers" and find a cool very dark place. Failing that I will place my hands over my eyes and be as still as possible. However, as the saying goes, you mileage may vary because everyone's migrane and reaction is a little different.

Funny thing with my migranes, any light at all will make them intensify. Mine (I think) are caused by aspertame. Never had them until I became diabetic and had to make the change to diet soda. No one here carries the ones with splenda, but I'm sure it has its own side effects.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 10 years ago there was an article in a magazine called, BackWoods Home Magazine, about a natural herb that knocked out migraines. The herb is named FeverFew. According to the author, people who he'd interviewed, claimed that as soon as they got the indications that a migraine was about to hit them, they'd take some FeverFew and it would usually stop it from hitting. This herb can be found in healthfood stores in pill form. I have seen it in Wal Mart, too. I don't know, first hand, if this works or not because, fortunately I don't get migraines. The reason that I noticed that article is because my oldest daughter used to get migraines.

I hope this "tip" helps you.

OP
OP
flyinguy

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
thanks folks. i don't want that again and, yes i got sick. my wife looked up some stuff in her "witch" books and came up with feverfew too. i will get some and try it next time if any. i don't like drugs in general but that is a natural.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I've had them since I was 6, so for 24 years now, and I've been subjected to every known and semi-known migraine cure under the sun. I've been hospitalized about 30 times for the ones that I couldn't handle on my own. There's only a few things that work well to get rid of them.

It's my own opinion that the cause of a migraine actually lends to it's own cure. If you get a migraine from spending too much time in the sun, what works on that may not work on a migraine brought on by stress.

The list of things that can bring them on is virtually endless and vary by person. Alcohol, chocolate, orange juice, extreme heat, extreme cold, sleeping with your head at an odd angle, altitiude/air pressure changes, lack of sleep, too much sleep, etc, etc, etc.

It's not a cure-all, but many of the OTC migraine medications (Excedrine Migraine is my favorite) do a pretty good job of knocking out a migraine, if you catch it early enough.

If it's too late for that, Imitrex in pill form has killed all my migraines, but if you get one of the sick-to-the-stomach puking-your-guts-up migraines, they also make a nasal spray version that tastes awful, but works wonderfully.

But, some things that are good stand-bys are a nice quiet, dark, cool room and sleep.

gametalman52

Jul 27, 2007
Northeast Georgia
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT, Goldbug
Flyinguy, Had the same thing for several years, need to have your blood pressure, cholesterol checked among other things. Hate to be a bearer of not so good things but went through this several years ago. Result was heart attack and drugs. Told Jeff of PA this the other day. You may be fine but need to check out. Not a doctor, just experience, the alternative is not fun and definitely screws up meatla detecting for awhile.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions