Pieces of plates, cups and other goodies

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
What do you do with the beautiful pieces of plates, cups, etc you find when digging for treasure?

For years I would unearth beautiful pieces of this, that and the other. I LOVED the shards I found but thought "what can I do with this? " So I'd place it back in the hole.

A few Christmases ago I got a family member name and asked what they'd like, they responded with, "I'd love a garden cross" Hmm-mm-mm...ok, thatnks for the suggestion. Then it hit me...I'll do a mosaic cross from pieces I find! A new side biz was born. I now have an on-line shop and participate in many art shows:)

here's one of my faves (even tho it's not a cross):

Attachments

• Blue Sun.jpg
    Blue Sun.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 147

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vibes,

It's beautiful, can we see more?

I did get an idea from HGTV of making serving trays from broken shards. Most of my shards are old pottery, not quite enough to make anything from yet.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Hey RiverRat:)

Thanks for the encouraging words! I truly appreciate it!

Here's a cross: (my website is www.soulshards.etsy.com)

again thanks...and I have SO many shards that my entire basement is now my storage area much to my hubby's chagrin!

Attachments

• green cross.jpg
    green cross.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 125

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
beautiful work. I've started saving any shards , marbles and pieces of neat glass I find. I was thinking someday I will make something along that order. I've seen the trays and table tops done and like those ideas too. I've got a ways to go to get enough to work with though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread