pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with eartquakes and a possible underground volcano..

PLL

S

stefen

A family can picnic and don't need to bring a barbie :wink:

I vote for subsurface magma activity...gotta remember this coastal foothill area is a part of the Pacific Ring of Fire.

If this happened to erupt to the surface and a cone was developed, eastern Ventura County (western Los Angeles County) would be greatly impacted.

Currently, this is a growing community area.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Many years ago I worked those oil leases back in behind Filmore and Piru.
No fond memories of the place.

There are thermal hot springs further back in the boonies I've been to. Probably some sort of connection.
California's mtns are relatively new formations, and still active...

Best

OP
OP
Hemisteve

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree with all the above responses. Geologically, California is a very young area and is changing daily. This hot spot could very well be a new volcano in the making. Look at Mexicos new volcano, started off as a hot spot and then erupted and is now over two thousand feet high.

It's just funny that it has not been reported before. I have never heard of this area, so is the gov. trying to hide the fact that a potential volcano is growing in So. Cal?

Living near the ring of fire anything is bound to happen.
Lassen could be next
Steve

S

stefen

Gov Arnie is having his teeth whitened for the upcoming elections which are more volitile than any hot spot :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread