WhataBurger

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived in south texas for a few years and loved to go to....Whataburger. I would pull into the parking lot and this girl would put a tray on my car window with burgers, fries, drinks. This was 1974 in corpus christi texas. Oh man....those were the days.

I watched the movie Jaws in a drive in too. I had two girls hiding in the trunk of my chevy nova until we parked the car and they got out and jumped in the front.

Corpus Christi Texas in the 1970's. I wish i could go back in time.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ate at a WHataburger about 20 years ago in Kannapolis North Carolina.. I remeber them coming out to the car and serving our food.. It was a neat experience..

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived in south texas for a few years and loved to go to....Whataburger. I would pull into the parking lot and this girl would put a tray on my car window with burgers, fries, drinks. This was 1974 in corpus christi texas. Oh man....those were the days.

I watched the movie Jaws in a drive in too. I had two girls hiding in the trunk of my chevy nova until we parked the car and they got out and jumped in the front.

Corpus Christi Texas in the 1970's. I wish i could go back in time.

haha..Im eatting that for lunch right NOW.....2-justaburgers :P

Sorry, wasnt trying to make it worse:occasion14:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Mike,

I was born in Kingsville, and Whataburger is one of my favorite. We refer to it as the running W steak house, that's the King Ranch's brand. However my favorite burger joint was in Peoria, Ill. I was working there for Caterpillar at the time, and had a 74 Cuda. The place was called Steak n Shake. The building was in the middle, and you would reverse park against the fence leaving a path between for the muscle cars to parade through. Once you were ready to order, you would turn on your headlights for service. They would also put a tray on your window, and when you were done, you would turn the headlights on again. You not only enjoyed a good burger, but a good car show, and friendly waves. Still remember some bad Nova's going by.

Homar

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What-A-Burger Patty Melt,melts in your mouth,THE best burger out there today!!

or in Austin,TX.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even in the late 1980s I used to go to Whataburger. There was one in Waco, Texas, that I used to go in quite often for breakfast. I loved their pancakes! We have a Whataburger here in Idaho where I now live; but I very seldom go there. When I want a 'burger, most of the time we fire up the grill and throw a bunch of patties on. We most time grill from about 12 to 18 at a time. I take several of them, put them in a baggie, and freeze them. Then when I want a 'burger, I just go 'nuke' one, toast a bun, apply some Miracle Whip, bread and butter pickle slices, red onion rings, fresh tomato slices, and some iceberg lettuce leaves. Yum, yum!
Yes, Whataburger still has a great 'burger; but times have definitely changed. There are no more carhops there anymore. The only place I know that still has carhops is Sonic.
There used to be some Lone Star Drive Ins in Ft. Worth. On Saturday nights, it was always a great place to see the hotrods, oldies, and antique cars parading around the parking lots. This was in the late 1950s and early '60s. There was still one open in the mid 1970s, but was just a little fast food place; nothing like they were in the 50s/60s.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I eat at Whataburger all the time. Great burger for not much money. In fact, worked for them 40 years ago...

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is ironic because Whataburger was actually the first job I ever held at the age of 16. Wasn't the best of jobs out there; only being paid 5.25 but it did pay. How I do wish we had a franchise located here in Michigan.

Sluice

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have also eaten there, good burgers for fast food...

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison

The Constitution of the United States of America

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread