Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Mar 2011
    1 times

The maiden voyage

Took my boat out for the first time today with my friend Gary. Things started out pretty slow, hit most of the normal places, then decided to head up a side branch. Came to a pretty good looking gravel bar and I spotted this, what seems to be an Adena style point. And the last picture, I show the point with a flake knife my buddy found.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_001[1].jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	172.7 KB 
ID:	508450

Name:	rsz_010[1].jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	508451

Name:	rsz_006[1].jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	508452
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. Samuel Adams

us
    Dec 2010
    72 times

Re: The maiden voyage

Not a bust then Trent sweet find all good with the Mud Bug? great investment, got a pile of damaged props here.

us
    Mar 2011
    Central Iowa
    2 times

Congrats on a successful first trip with the ole gravel grinder Can't beat a complete point! Good luck tomorrow!
    What boot tracks??

us
    Mar 2011
    Iowa
    5 times

Congrats Trent, that's a nice one there and Gary's flake knife is neat too. Are we on vacation this week or just getting out enjoying the great work hour's now that it's nice out ?
    Any worked piece is a good piece !!!!

us
    Aug 2008
    Central Iowa
    27 times

Way to go, Trent. It looks like that boat is going to come in handy. Sweet blade. I really like the adena type pieces. Careful you don't cut yourself with it. Those blades can make a nasty gash!

us
    Mar 2011
    1 times

Thanks guys, Trout this has a steel auger type prop so it's pretty tough. Jeff I didn't go today, I had some stuff I had to do Lee, Mondays are one of my days off, but do plan on going after work tommorrow. Tom I hope your healing well, and yes I will be careful
    Good luck all if you get out!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. Samuel Adams

us
    Mar 2011

Awesome Trent!

Sure you will enjoy that for many years to come!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links