My Best Knife Ever

Prime_Focus

Aug 27, 2008
Central Iowa
I had dropped down into a side creek on my way to the river when I found my best knife to date. :laughing7:

knife1.jpg

knife2.jpg

I put it in my front pocket because I was afraid it would fall out of my back pocket as I was walking. This was a decision that I would soon regret. When I got down to the river, I started checking gravel bars and found a nice piece of pottery with a great design pattern on it.

shard1a.jpg

shard1b.jpg

shard1c.jpg

I didn't want to put the pottery in my pocket with my keys because I was afraid it would break so I slid my hand into my pocket to switch the keys to the other pocket. I completely forgot about the knife I had put in that pocket earlier. It didn't take me long to remember.

finger.jpg
:o

About a half mile on up the river, I found another piece of pottery in the shallow water beside a gravel bar.

shard2a.jpg

shard2b.jpg

shard2c.jpg

I then struggled to make it back to my vehicle before I bled to death. :walk: :laughing7:

iowa trout

Dec 9, 2010
Gee wizzer T paying in blood now for such sweet finds I have some pints to spend untill I get lightheaded anyway ,I would make a good first responder too for ya if your ok with me stuffing you full of cattail duff and a cordage wrap for a field repair. Thats not your shutter button finger is it ?Second thought maybe we all better come with you to "look after ya".Super cool rim looks thick like from a big vessell and the color on the multi tool knife is a best ever Winchester tribe for shure,found a nicely crafted well used bit axe under the heavy grass at a mound area flipped her out and over and STANLEY was what it said really late woodland artifact .Always enjoy your adventures thanks for sharing.

arrowheadlee

Mar 10, 2011
Iowa
Ouch !!!!!! Is this what your color was looking like as you got back ? :icon_pale:
I think you need to start packing bandage's with you, I always have one with me. Nice jag pieces there !!!

Almostneverlost

Mar 10, 2011
Wow, Tom. Talk about graphic pics! :o Hope you're gonna survive! Nice finds on the knife and pottery. Next time, though, let's err on the side of caution. :wink:

1point

Mar 13, 2011
Central Iowa
That's gotta smart a little!! I do agree as that is a dandy find and it must of had a great edge as I assume it was used in the woods and then lost or misplaced. At least you were thinking of the important stuff - protecting your artifacts ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread