Clark County Eyeball hunt

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
I'm posting this on behalf of my younger brother Bob. He found this bottle between some rocks in the basement of an 1860's home in Winchester, armed with nothing more than a flashlight that needed batteries!

It's 7 inches tall and reads; T.F. Phillips Apothecary Winchester, KY. In between the writing is what looks to be some kind of flower or plant. Still corked and about half full of some kind of liquid! The liquid is watery, not oil based and there's a light layer of what looks like powered black charcoal in the bottom. The black stuff settles pretty fast after it's been shaken.

We're thinking that it might have been someone's stashed liquor because it was so well concealed and in the basement. Or perhaps something of ill will that needed to be kept out of the home....?

I applaud my brother for having the brass to reach his hand into that hole to retreive this! Not sure I would have. Nice find little brother.

Jamie

Attachments

• DSCF1399.JPG
    DSCF1399.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 428

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Maybe Timmy can help you with the bottle if he looks. He's the kinda color=purple]climb[/color]intheouthouseandlook guy.

The last pic of the girl looks like Richie's sister Joanie from the "Happy Days" show.

Burt

birdy1976

Mar 3, 2007
Russell Springs,KY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 PRO
Hey just lookin seen the bottle. Nice bottle by the way. Thought I'd let you know that the black/brown looking stuff is just rust that has formed inside the bottle. Don't know much more than that.

Just Lookin'
birdy1976 ;D

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting bathtub...but could you imagine where the splinters would get if you used it???

Buckleboy
KDM member by birth

H

HillbillyTH

Hi 1320,
Your bottle came from a Drug Store. The word "Apothecary" means
Pharmacist. Your post was interesting to Me, I was born and raised
in Winchester. I do not remember T.F. Phillips and all My old family
members are dead and gone.
Thanks Danny

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
;D Sounds like something the Optimists Club would put on.

LOL

Burt

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The statement about forgetting your detector was a joke. You told me you did that once and I did the same thing a few years ago. You told me that when we hunted and we both got a good laugh out of it. That IS funny. Not a cheapshot. Im sorry for anything you might have put into it as far as saying mean things in public. That is not why I posted it. After the last few days I thought I better clear it up.

T

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread