Sundays Story of Finds and PIX

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Sunday's Story of Finds and PIX

This is the fifth version of this story ...I kept losing it during posting. This is an abridged edition of what I had intended to post.

OK, Timmy and I have researched a spot separately over the years and today, we put our thoughts into motion.

It was a beautiful day here throughout Kentucky, so we thought we'd make the best of it.

Timmy came by at about 11:30 and we gazed at all the potential detecting spots on the 1.5 hour drive.

We started off trying to get permission at a place that I am sure was picketpost at a bridge crossing a river. Unfortunately, we struck out and the detecting area would have been filled with trash and was slightly overgrown, yet still huntable.Maybe next time.

We backtracked to the nearby town which was mentioned in our notes and then drove the calculated mileage to put us on the camp which those pickets were guarding. Hmm, we pondered. big fields on both sides of the road. We picked a smaller road with a house nearby to ask if the landowner may know about the CW camp in which we're searching.

As luck would have it, he said that we were in the right spot, (Yee Haw!) but the field across the road is where everyone has hunted since he moved here in 1958. Hmmm,let's see...that's almost 50 years of hunting :'(

He suggested we try the fella down the road, his dad owns it. Thank's mister, ya been a big help.

We stop at the next house and Tim goes to ask the landowner. "Nope, I don't own that land either," the woman who answered the door said. She said she let a fella detect on her property last week and he was out there for a long time. Tim showed her a minnie and said this is what we're looking for and she said she had a "whole bunch of those in the house."

Can I get a BIG Hallelujah and an AMEN.

She gave us permission, so off we went. After the first hour, Tim had gotten one round ball and I ONLY HAD 2-.58 minnies, a .69 minnie and 2 round balls.

We hunted and hunted and hunted. We both got in little pockets that had bullets in them and we both did pretty good.

My opinion of this site was IT WAS HUNTED, BUT NOT HUNTED OUT.

Total finds... 1 - carvedin half long ways .58 minnie, 6 - .58 minnies, 1 - .69 minnie, 5 - round balls, 6 - bucky balls (makes two great buck n ball sets), 1 -.44 pistol bullet, 1 - rivet and several pieces of camp lead.

We had a blast and I got tired, but it was a good tired. But I already know that tomorrow I better take the Ibuprofen to work with me.

As I said, the first two versions of my story really put this one to shame. I wish I had saved it.

Good hunting!
Burt

Attachments

• ckmarco 03.jpg
    ckmarco 03.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 263
  • areduced 01.jpg
    areduced 01.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 266
  • areduced 02.jpg
    areduced 02.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 262
  • areduced 03.jpg
    areduced 03.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 265
  • ckmarco 03.jpg
    ckmarco 03.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 281

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Sunday's Story of Finds and PIX

Good research and even better finds. Wish I could have got out this weekend but I had to do the whole getting married thing. Im hoping to get out this weekend but its going to be hard to walk the fields with a ball and chain on my ankle. Now thats just funny............until she reads it that is.

Tom

OP
OP
wildrider

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro

kindafoundabuckle said:
Good research and even better finds. Wish I could have got out this weekend but I had to do the whole getting married thing. Im hoping to get out this weekend but its going to be hard to walk the fields with a ball and chain on my ankle. Now thats just funny............until she reads it that is.

Tom

Hey KFB,

FYI, get you a pair of cargo pants. They have the pocket near the knee that is the perfect level to slip the ball into. LOL

I wish we could have gotten there earlier so we could ask other neighbors about their property.

We're not sure whether this was the main part of the camp or a fringe thing.

Burt

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

W,

neat story in your post; nice finds.

Thanks for posting.

have a good un...............
SHERMANVILLE