Dreams do come true! Check this bad boy out!

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
I was'nt gonna post this untill I had a friend take some better pics but Michiganne asked me to do it so they could have a look at my finds for today. I went back to an old one room school house today that I had hit once before with my old minelab X-70 and had gotten some nice coins and tokens from. I figuired that I had been doing real well with the new explorerPro and wanted to see if the beast would do its thing on this old spot! I was not disappointed! I started by getting a old wooden pocket knife, then a nice 1893 indian showed his face. A few minutes later another indian 1875 but damaged almost beyond recognition! RATS! Then the detecting gods smiled thier face down upon ol Slipperyjack and I got a solid tiny hit and out come one of the coins I would never have thought I would have got in this state, a 1831 capped bust half dime..WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I am only posting the pic of the half dime tonight in here for all my friends from Michigan to see, and tomarrow a friend will be taking high quality pics for me to post on the "Todays Finds Forum" Where I will include all the coins I dug and a complete story.......Still think I am dreamin!!!! WOW hope you all enjoy this half as much as I do, no pun intended lol

Happy Hunting
Slipperjack47

Attachments

• Picture 189.jpg
    Picture 189.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 364
  • Picture 190.jpg
    Picture 190.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 363

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH YEAH! She's a beauty. You earned that one buddy! Make sure when you tell the rest of the story tomorrow, you mention what you had to give up first! I can't imagine the feeling of popping that out of the ground. I am still pinching myself from the seated dime I found earlier this year. Oh yeah, thanks for calling this morning and giving me the itch.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o Jack....I'm speechless! Hardly a bad boy but one gorgeous lady! If only she could talk.
And yes, she deserves a better picture. WTG :wav:

As Prober suggested, "You da' Man!" :icon_king:

Keep digging!

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
I'm from CT....Sorry I cheated and looked.. ;D....Dang Jack that's one nice looking coin..Truly, an amazing find.....Big time Congrats to you.. :thumbsup: ...Look forward to hearing the whole story with more pics...

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet coin, looks like it's in great shape, nice detail. Congrats!

Good luck,
HH.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holey Moley Jack.. NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :thumbsup:

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Nice find Jack! What, no clad? That is one beautifullllll coin! You are really cooking now!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Woah! Sweet! That's one very old coin there. You're blowing us away with those finds Jack. Keep at it and we'll be wondering what you dig up next, congrats! AMC

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Wow! My hat is off to you, or my cap!
What a great find! Congratulations! I am drooling on my keyboard!
HH
Mark

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
What a find!! Those don't pop up to often in old Michigan. Great nab Jack. Wow thats cool.

OP
OP
Slipperyjack47

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
AMC, I think your refering to the obverse picture, the coin is designed with the eagle a little low and off center, guess it was to make it to appear to be almost 3D. Its correctly struck but its an odd design on a very unique coin. I am still in shock over it, i just keep looking at it lol

HH
Slipperyjack47

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score on that half dime :thumbsup: I've yet to find one of them but I'll keep trying, you aren't that far from me either. I know a guy who found one of those on the east side of town here in Kalamazoo but he knew a bunch of people in his area and got permission from them (lucky guy). I know they are around it's just finding them that's the challenge and like you say it's not very often you find silver that old in Michigan.

OP
OP
Slipperyjack47

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Thanks Guys N Gals, glad your enjoying the pics and hope your finding great ones too!

HH
Slipperjack47

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Finding a seated silver in Mi is rare enough, much less a capped! WTG ....Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread