Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The watch was only the second target I dug and I seen the gold and just had to head home and check it out but it's either plated or filled but when I first seen a little bit of the case staring through the dirt it sure looked and felt like solid 14k. The first target I dug was a pull tab. The watch was really deep, probably 10 inches in the dirt after the snow and ice, it was a faint high reading so I was kind skeptical from the beginning thinking it read kinda high for gold.

Jan14.4.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice watch,Congrats! :thumbsup:

I went out today, the ground was diggable under the leaves, but I couldn't
swing in the snow (too deep for me). So I'm hoping it rains

Good luck,
HH.

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an oldie and a goodie! Simply a beautiful piece. Congrats! It would ring higher than gold because of the guts.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that's a beauty Giant! :icon_thumleft: Any idea on the age? It could just be your pics but it isn't rose gold is it? The outside has a pinkish cast to it. Nice job!

HH

anishnabe

Greenie
Oct 27, 2009
plainwell michigan
Detector(s) used
ace garret 250
nice find. I'm jealous i haven't gotten out yet! sounds like your off to a good year of hunting already. I'm gonna try and get out myself this weekend!

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
Even though it's plated it's an awesome watch. :thumbsup:. I found one that just had the frame and guts left in it and it cleaned up nice but turned out to be plated and not gold. The green corrosion is the give away. I can't tell from the picture is the crysal still intact? Great find man.

Wolverine.

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found several pocket watches but never any as beautiful as that, congrats big time on a great find!! :thumbsup: someone was bumming when they lost that probably a 100 years ago or more

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations Giant!!
That watch cleaned up nice. Sweet find :icon_thumleft:

M

michigan michael

That is a nice old watch recovery. Make you wonder if that area you are in was an old road for westward travels possibly. :icon_scratch: Just a thought that came to mind when I seen that pic. Someone pulling a hankie out to wipe their forehead and dropped it. lol sorry Im jonesing bad. lol thanks for the vision and sharing your finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread