Camp Logan Gives Up Another WWI Button +

DirtyTrinkitDigger

Nov 6, 2012
Texas
Detector(s) used
SE Explorer Pro, Excalibur 1000, Pro Find 25, BlissTool LTC64X v.3, Tesoro Tiger Shark, ATPro, Pro Pinpointer,
White's Beach Hunter ID 300 and Bullseye II Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,
Sunday I went out with my Blisstool and hit Camp Logan and was met there by gcmsdan and his daughter. They were packing their new AT Pros. My main reason for going was to get more acquainted with the Blisstool. I hunted for a couple of hours and found 3 shotgun shell heads: Winchester Leader 16 ga (mfg. 1894-1943), Winchester Nublack 12 ga (mfg. 1905-1938) and a Rem-UMC Nitro Club 12 ga (mfg. 1911-1934). I also dug a small brass buckle and a first aid packet lid. The brass lid itself is stamped: "FIRST AID PACKET - U.S. ARMY CONTRACT JULY 22, 1916. BAUER & BLACK CHICAGO, U.S.A. TO OPEN- PULL RING PATENT APPLIED FOR". I didn't take pictures of the lid because It just looked like a flat piece of corroded brass until I got home and noticed a couple of letters showing through the dirt. It just goes to show that you never really know until you clean stuff up. Now last but not least is my 3rd WWI button dug from Camp Logan. If anyone would like to get together on a weekend to do a hunt there just let me know.
HH,
DTD

Attachments

• button find.JPG
    button find.JPG
    932.6 KB · Views: 139
  • button find 2.JPG
    button find 2.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 148
  • logans loot.JPG
    logans loot.JPG
    390.8 KB · Views: 141