steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly, you needed ground balance.

You want to be blown away, test a coin (silver preferably) with the F2 and ATPro.
Then get your wife's wedding ring (gold I hope!) and check the difference again on both. Or a gold coin, I don't have any laying around yet lol.

This is where you will see the higher frequency shine. On the F2 you shouldn't see much difference but I hope you see it on the ATpro.

Huge difference on my GoldbugPro and F70 between silver and gold. The ladies ring was several inches better than the quarter even though you think it would be a smaller target.

So which detector are you buying next?
:occasion14:

OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly, you needed ground balance. You want to be blown away, test a coin (silver preferably) with the F2 and ATPro. Then get your wife's wedding ring (gold I hope!) and check the difference again on both. Or a gold coin, I don't have any laying around yet lol. This is where you will see the higher frequency shine. On the F2 you shouldn't see much difference but I hope you see it on the ATpro. Huge difference on my GoldbugPro and F70 between silver and gold. The ladies ring was several inches better than the quarter even though you think it would be a smaller target. So which detector are you buying next? :occasion14:
I'll run some tests later. Me? Another detector? Probably me getting a divorce I'd say ;)

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SSHHH. Don't tell anyone. I have heard that Fisher has refurbished F75's at much lower prices than new with full warranties. You just have to call and ask. And if you want to save even more money, ask for a refurbished Technetics T2 which also has boost mode that is even cheaper, but is basically the same machine with a different brand on it.

Last edited:

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SSHHH. Don't tell anyone. I have heard that Fisher has refurbished F75's at much lower prices than new with full warranties. You just have to call and ask. And if you want to save even more money, ask for a refurbished Technetics T2 which also has boost mode that is even cheaper, but is basically the same machine with a different brand on it.

My refurb F75LTD came with one year warranty, looks brand new, I'd guess it is.

Inventory changes often, you never know what they may have unless you call.

I think there were enough reasons for me to get the F75 over the T2 for the few extra bucks.

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My refurb F75LTD came with one year warranty, looks brand new, I'd guess it is.

Inventory changes often, you never know what they may have unless you call.

I think there were enough reasons for me to get the F75 over the T2 for the few extra bucks.

+1 on the pick of the 2 I pondered that for quite awhile & although I mostly relic hunt I still think this f75ltd has the power to do anything I want it to

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
F2digger,

There is a special form of currency many of us use. It is not just typical US Currency, it is SHE money. Money "SHE" don't know about. Hoard a little in a safe place from time to time and before you know it you will have a hardcore high-end beach machine. Then remember this response when she sees it for the first time "I traded some junk I found metal detecting for it". All of her suspicions will evaporate after you give her a piece of "bling" you find at the beach. Notice I said "a piece". The rest is turned back into SHE money and the cycle restarts. Spoken from over 20 years experience dodging the question, where did that gun (or metal detector) come from. Happy hunting my friend. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
F2digger, There is a special form of currency many of us use. It is not just typical US Currency, it is SHE money. Money "SHE" don't know about. Hoard a little in a safe place from time to time and before you know it you will have a hardcore high-end beach machine. Then remember this response when she sees it for the first time "I traded some junk I found metal detecting for it". All of her suspicions will evaporate after you give her a piece of "bling" you find at the beach. Notice I said "a piece". The rest is turned back into SHE money and the cycle restarts. Spoken from over 20 years experience dodging the question, where did that gun (or metal detector) come from. Happy hunting my friend. :icon_thumleft:

LOL! Funny to see other guys like me doing the same thing!!! Only thing is that I didn't had a code name for it!! LOL!!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that she money

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
F2digger,,go with the F5 you already have the beach detecting down cold with the F2, no reason to even ponder the AT for that reason. I've recently had the use of both units and I have to say I like the F5. just my two cents....But really either will do you good,,,Stay gold!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions