Picked up another F75

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been an F75 fan for some time now, but sold my last one about a year ago after I got to Reno, NV and found out it did not play well with EMI (electro magnetic interference) around here. I just got another one and was pleased to find it handles the EMI better than my old one did, and was even more pleased when it popped a silver dime out of the tough soil (FE 1) here on my second outing.

I have mainly hunted gold with the F75 in the past ( Fisher metal detector finds, news and reviews ) but I am thinking more along the lines of ghost towns and old cabin sites now.

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro COMPADRE and Mohave
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am no expert but I want to say I am up in the Copper Country for a week and my F 75 is just killing the copper with the 5" coil. It picks out Tiny copper nuggets the size of rice grains with ease.
I have to turn the power (sensitivity) to 25 to keep from getting too distracted or pay close attention to the confidence meter for larger pieces or coins. Found a copper nugget the size of my fist today. Also hit a park and found a ton of clad.
HH

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you guys are doing well with the F-75 as it is a fine unit and isn't as sensitive to EMI as in the past.:thumbsup:

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro COMPADRE and Mohave
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The little park I hunted is used for 4th of July celebrations. Picked out 52 clad coins that day before I had to quit. Just wore me out. When you find a place like this you can learn your machine fast.
One day we hit a couple of beaches where there was alot of past erosion and a century of frost action. That is one spot the F75 could pick up on small pieces of pure copper. Was using the Bp and swinging slow using 4H tones. Did dig in the sand and the Pro pointer was a must to identify the small copper specimen.

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I got my F75 back from the shop it had been updated and it too does handle emi much better. I get to the old mining camps and and will say I found them very busy. I spent most of my time around the trash pits pulling out shards and relics instead. The small round coil is a must have and is all the coil you need. My success is due to turning the sensitivity and discrimination down as low as it will run. While depth suffers, my machine produces more finds as I get good solid shallow signals. Depth is not a problem for this older gold handled F75, but makes my ears hurt after about 45 minutes lol. Its what ends up in my pockets that counts. Someday

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread