Fisher f2 helpppp

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Learned on Bounty Hunter Junior, then Tracker IV, and now using the Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi so I got a job to find a ring for a young man. He is going to pay me 20 a hour to find his wedding ring. He knows the general area of the ring. The ring is made of tungsten and wants to recover it. But I have a question... With the fisher f2 what does tungsten ring up as? Thanks so much this will really help me out!!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Be sure to turn your sensitivity down a bit as you more than likely dont need to go very deep. ;)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all detectors any target may ring up with different numbers or icons even within the same brand. Add to this the ring may be close to another metal object which will change the numbers.

I've found lots of items for people and the thing usually isn't where the person that lost it thinks it is. They might think it is where they are standing when they first notice it missing. I've spent a couple weeks looking for a certain ring. I usually give them my card an tell them to call me so I'll have their phone number so I can call them if or when I find it. Some I never did find. Sometimes they took it off in the car or left it at home and of course they never think to tell ya about it.

I charge a flat fee if I need to drive to where I need to look for it. Paid in advance! You'd be surprised how many bogus items your going to be asked to look for something that was never lost cause they want the nerd (you) to be their entertainment.

Good Luck,
Sandman

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
As with any other target...size matters.
Tungsten reacts similarly to gold targets...small could be lower in foil, higher up as the size increases.
A decent size men's ring should come in somewhere in the zinc area, I assume, low zinc on up to almost the zinc cent area.
Could be other areas too, so if you have gotten good enough by now to get signals to not jump more than a few numbers dig everything solid you come across.
If you haven't gotten that skillful yet, dig everything.
That is assuming you really want to find this as quick as possible.

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
I found one made of tungsten with my F2 . It sounded [ I use my ears more than the meter ] like a nickle. I would take an old & newer nickle & practice with those for a couple of minutes , then detect. Keep the nickles with you in case you need to hear the sound again.

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found one made of tungsten with my F2 . It sounded [ I use my ears more than the meter ] like a nickle. I would take an old & newer nickle & practice with those for a couple of minutes , then detect. Keep the nickles with you in case you need to hear the sound again.[/QUOTE
Thanks the guys paying me 20 bucks a hour

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As with any other target...size matters. Tungsten reacts similarly to gold targets...small could be lower in foil, higher up as the size increases. A decent size men's ring should come in somewhere in the zinc area, I assume, low zinc on up to almost the zinc cent area. Could be other areas too, so if you have gotten good enough by now to get signals to not jump more than a few numbers dig everything solid you come across. If you haven't gotten that skillful yet, dig everything. That is assuming you really want to find this as quick as possible.

I rather take my time finding it... (The guy is paying me 20 dollars a hour ;)

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Disc out iron and foil and ignore everything but surface targets. Unless he lost it years ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread