Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Before I sold my F5, it was a version 01. I bought it new when they first came out and it had the plug in coils. I used it until a few months ago, and when I talked to Mike at FTP he said the F5 was up to Version 3 that took care of a few early problems. Not detecting silver dollars was one issue. They thought they had got word out to previous F5 owners, but somehow I slipped through. No big deal. When I sold the F5, Felix at FTP updated it and sent it on to the person (tnrob) that I sold it to. No charge.

I may have missed some silver dollars, but I am still a FTP fan. My F5 was still a great machine.

OP
OP
mikeraydj

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think that detector manufacturers should equip all their metal detectors with a USB port for downloading the latest software upgrades. But I guess it is more profitable to have the customer send it back to the factory and pay a upgrade fee or just buy the latest detector. Sorta like the non-transferable 5 year warranty.

liondogs

Nov 25, 2009
I'm not aware of any such plans.

To bad. It would be nice to see the F5 with the DST code. It would be nice to be able to turn up the gain and have it quite in a EMI enviroment without having to turn down the threshold. Where I hunt there can be a lot of EMI issues.

OP
OP
mikeraydj

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To bad. It would be nice to see the F5 with the DST code. It would be nice to be able to turn up the gain and have it quite in a EMI enviroment without having to turn down the threshold. Where I hunt there can be a lot of EMI issues.
Me too. I feel your pain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions