Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
good question!
I know why has not the dealers or Fisher told us any thing….. And from what mikeraydj said here you have to buy the F75 & F75 Ltd and then send it in and for around $300.00 give or take they will upgrade it so it will not be chatty …. So a new F75 or F75 Ltd when done will cost you $1400.00 give or take..​………………..WHY DO THEY NOT SELL ALL THE NEW ONES WITH THE UPGRADE ALREADY INSTALLED.. ????????????????????

Last edited:

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually talking to the dealers, the upgrade is included in the new F75 LTD. This is free for people who currently own a earlier F75 or F75 LTD purchased between 7/1 and 12/31 of this year. This is probably to cover the stock that is in dealers inventory that is currently not upgraded. If your F75 or LTD was made before this, then it will cost you. If you want your F75 upgraded to LTD that will cost you. I have also heard that not everyone likes the new upgrade, as the new DST mode can cause some loss of depth. And unless you are in FA mode there is a slight loss of recovery speed.

Last edited:

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro COMPADRE and Mohave
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't like the DST function you just shut it off.
My De process works faster and strong than it did before the upgrade. If i shut the DST off I increase depth by 2".
There is also 3 tones now that can mute iron grunt. One masks the iron completely. I did a test with a quarter and a nail side by side. The detector will high tone the coin and mute out the nail. My Brothers Coin master pro won't see the coin or nail on the same target. When it discriminates the iron it looses the coin too.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know why has not the dealers or Fisher told us any thing….. And from what mikeraydj said here you have to buy the F75 & F75 Ltd and then send it in and for around $300.00 give or take they will upgrade it so it will not be chatty …. So a new F75 or F75 Ltd when done will cost you $1400.00 give or take..​………………..WHY DO THEY NOT SELL ALL THE NEW ONES WITH THE UPGRADE ALREADY INSTALLED.. ????????????????????

The news ones come with the upgrade... I bought a new one....

F75PAHUNTER

Mar 10, 2014
Hanover Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LTD, Deus Xp, tecknetics gamma, Garrett pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you never used one, get one from a friend, store or club member and try one. So many people buy one and don't like it for the chatty ness, Its personal preference, like cars drive it before you buy it. The LTD is more sensitive, therefore more noisy, you can change the settings but if you want to get everything? well it will be chattery.

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you never used one, get one from a friend, store or club member and try one. So many people buy one and don't like it for the chatty ness, Its personal preference, like cars drive it before you buy it. The LTD is more sensitive, therefore more noisy, you can change the settings but if you want to get everything? well it will be chattery.

The new version that came out in October call F75 LTD 2 has new technology that eliminates the chattery.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It seems like a lot of Fishers are chattery, especially when you run them hot. My F5 is chattery until I swing the coil then it quiets down. Mine is easier to adjust for this, as it is a quick turn of the gain or threshold knobs.
It is revealing that a T2 gets the same upgrades as an F75. So it shows they are not that different except for price.
I do wish they would do something for the F5, as the frequency button is almost worthless for quieting the machine in high EMI areas. Hey woof, make that 2 buttons that don't do anything. :laughing7:

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have one of the original F75 (the box says F75 "Special Edition", but it has the gold shaft) and I just sent it back for the $309 upgrade. After much deliberation about adding $309 to a $900 detector. What should be added is the cache and boost modes, an additional iron tone, adjustable pitch, more robust EMI filtering and the FA "fast process" for better trash seperation.

From what I can tell the F75 has static search mode and the T2 does not. I never did find a situation where I needed that and it may or may not matter to other users. KellyCo lets you compare detector features side-by-side. Seems to be like a Ford vs. Lincoln comparison - a few fringe features and different decals and badges.

As I recall the T2 came first (a few years after First Texas bought them) and First Texas brought the Fisher F75 out two years or so later. First Texas bought Teknetics in 1989 and Fisher in 2006. The parts seem to come out of the same molds and I can't speak to any programming differences that there may be. In use the original T2 and the original F75 seemed to be about identical in performance (I had the opportunity at a club picnic and hunt with a T2 owner to compare detectors).

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The T2 Iron sensing has more segments for iron discrimination positions. The band width is wider for more accurate positioning. This makes for better relic hunting I was told.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread