Thebig21

Tenderfoot
Dec 2, 2014
Richland, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally learning this machine thanks to several of you guys!!! I've been hitting it hard at least for an hour or two a day for the past three weeks and am really liking the DP tone thanks to Mudpuppy!!! My back and legs have gotten over the shock of 517 bottle caps and pull tabs and now I'm ready! Found a gold ring with 17 small diamonds and 3 silver coins in the last 3 days...Not bad for a beginner. I am now ready to branch out to some old houses I may have permission to hunt and possible Civil War camps, crossings, etc... My question is what type of setting would I use for this as I have strictly been coin-shooting using Disc @1, Speed-DE, Sens as high as possible, -1 - +2 Threshold, DP tones and Notch at 1.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anymore unless I am in a park with specific trash I put no notch on at all. Tones is a personal preference. Some guys like low iron and high everything else. When I'm at a homesite I like the four or even delta tones (though that might drive anyone insane in a metal rich site).

I'm not too familiar with the F70, but on the F75 the threshold only operates in the All Metal mode - where discrimination and notch would not.

OP
OP
T

Thebig21

Tenderfoot
Dec 2, 2014
Richland, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never messed with the notch and it's a 1 everytime I cut it on! Love hitting the parks for coins but can't wait to hit an old site with some relics and hopefully CW artifacts!! I just want one CW bullet and it'll all be worth it to me!

Silversmith

Jan 14, 2015
Central Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Go-Find 20
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher 1266-XB
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Thebig21! Is your name Tracy?