Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I signed up for the basic $159 upgrade on my 2007 vintage base model F75. I was very happy with the refurb job - the machine looked brand new. The first time it came back it wouldn't ground balance, so it had to go back a second time and they expedited the turnaround. It arrived again last Tuesday, and I was able to get out this weekend. I was very impressed with the quietness of the machine - very few chirps and pops at full bore sensitivity. I quickly learned that you can't run at 99 Sens and 1 Disc in most areas I hunt because the iron in the two tone mode sounds like a machine gun going off. I kept the Sens at 99 but bumped the Disc up to 5 and got better results. I wasn't impressed with the FA mode - I seemed to get better separation in DE. Maybe I need more practice with FA, but several times when I heard a hint of a good signal among sever Iron hits, I switched to FA to see if it would make a difference, but DE was better than FA in my opinion. For more details on my outing see the link below in Todays Finds.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/455709-first-outing-2015-half-real-cufflink-coppers-rifleman-s-button.html

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
steve...I just got my upgraded t2 back and i am having trouble ground balancing in all metal....could you describe the issue you were having.....thanks barryk

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
steve...I just got my upgraded t2 back and i am having trouble ground balancing in all metal....could you describe the issue you were having.....thanks barryk
Barry, what happened with mine is that when I would go to ground balance in DISC, the number wouldn't budge off 90. I then called the factory and talked to a technician who asked be to go to ALL METAL and manually set the GB to 30. Then he asked me to ground balance as normal by pushing the toggle switch forward and bob the coil. I did this and the number wouldn't budge off 30. At that point he told me to send it back.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got mine back and was tickled with the depth and quietness. FA mode is my goto mode. DE is the fastest mode is why your getting better separation at the same coil swing. Slow the coil down in FA mode. Interesting easter egg on the ground balance issue. I opted for the $309 dollar up grade. It was a great present from Fisher.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread