Feb 25, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Fisher F75
XP Deus
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher CZ7A Pro
Hi all
First let me start off by telling you I am new to this machine, had it about a month now but with all the snow its been a no go as far as detecting goes. I did bury a few coins today to start a test garden and just for the hell of it I took the machine into the back yard for a few minutes. I got a target that sounded interesting so I put the machine down about 4 feet away and when I turned on my pinpointer the f75 went wacky. Is this par for the course with these machines?

Ps running in Default mode, sens around 75

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depends on the pinpointer. My F-75 didn't like my GoPhone when it was searching for a signal.

Try using one of the other frequencies of the F-75. There are seven to choose from and one usually is clear.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just means its working, you have one sensitive machine. May want to get a different pin pointer or change freqs.

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I realize this is an older thread--but I use the new orange garrett pointer, upgraded from the pro pointer, and yes, they both make the machine a little wonkey when they are on. Make sure you mount your pointer on the opposite hip you swing on and make sure the probe points a little behind you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread