Fisher F44 video review

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As soon as I get mine in I will put a video out of it hitting on some gold and some silver. I have no idea when they are going to start shipping the units out. I hope it will be soon.

I see you also have the ATpro. It would also be interesting to see a head to head with the F44. Mine was ordered when the announcement was first done and I have heard nothing but that famous Fisher super secret shipping department snore. If I am reading this detector right it might just be a thorn in the side of future ATpro sales. I love my pro but the absents of a volume control is a small but troubling feature.

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now I am down to my F75. I sold my Atpro a few months ago. I love the ATpro. It is an awesome machine in the iron. I dug an 1847 Large cent out of a square nail bed with the ATPro. Nails were everywhere but it squeezed out that large cent easily. I am hoping that the F44 is hot on coins like the Ace250. I dug more coins with my Ace250 than I did with the ATpro. I think with the low frequency of the F44 and the fast response of the Fisher machine this will make the ultimate coin shooter. That is what I am hoping for anyway. My F75 in 4 tone gets the job done but I wanted something that I could take in the rain if I got caught in a downpour. This one fits the bill.

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you also have the ATpro. It would also be interesting to see a head to head with the F44. Mine was ordered when the announcement was first done and I have heard nothing but that famous Fisher super secret shipping department snore. If I am reading this detector right it might just be a thorn in the side of future ATpro sales. I love my pro but the absents of a volume control is a small but troubling feature.

I wonder why Fisher is so Super Secret Squirrel about these new machines. I would love to see some information on the Fisher Labs website about it. I have mine on Pre-Order I can not wait to get it in. I love the volume control on that F44. The way it amplifies the high conductive and leaves the low grunts in the background is super cool.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to stop action a few times. If he was hitting a 13" nickel, after it air tested one 4" less max, that's a great feat. Plus the nickel was coming in at 70s with a high tone.

Always the skeptic, until I see it dug with a measuring tape. Nothing against Keith though, it is a good video.

If you look at the airtest video carefully Phantasman Keith stopped well short in every airtest of every coin well before the VCO tone ended in custom mode. I.e the VCO would reapet and sound weak a few inches deeper than what he reported to be the max depth...look at the video carefully. The nickel did indeed airtest at about 13" VCO at max sens, i understand your skepticism, Keith was trying to get a "very solid" repeatable tone from his airtest, not the fringe yet repeatable weak VCO, as such it was 2-3 inches deeper. And yes simple RF physics tells you that air test is max depth as free space losses in air show max potential (assuming fixed ground balance point and calibration on the detector) especially considering tangent loss and logarithmic losses associated with debris having magnetic moments in them (Fe in soil and minerals), im still studying the "halo" effect. Anyway best regards :occasion14:

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look at the airtest video carefully Phantasman Keith stopped well short in every airtest of every coin well before the VCO tone ended in custom mode. I.e the VCO would reapet and sound weak a few inches deeper than what he reported to be the max depth...look at the video carefully. The nickel did indeed airtest at about 13" VCO at max sens, i understand your skepticism, Keith was trying to get a "very solid" repeatable tone from his airtest, not the fringe yet repeatable weak VCO, as such it was 2-3 inches deeper. And yes simple RF physics tells you that air test is max depth as free space losses in air show max potential (assuming fixed ground balance point and calibration on the detector) especially considering tangent loss and logarithmic losses associated with debris having magnetic moments in them (Fe in soil and minerals), im still studying the "halo" effect. Anyway best regards :occasion14:

I would have to agree that Keiths depth reporting was somewhat conservative. You mentioned the halo business and it is my understanding that as metal is in the soil for a period of time, small particles leach out into the soil next to the metal and electronically appear to be larger than the original piece of metal. This then interrupts more of the field of flux and therefore the metal detector has an easier time seeing it. This leaching increases somewhat as more time passes. I believe that is why you see the difference in depth sensing on fresh buried and air test compared to long buried finds. The frequency of the F44 is in line with coins also. That is why I would have liked to see what it does on gold and silver jewelry.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have to agree that Keiths depth reporting was somewhat conservative. You mentioned the halo business and it is my understanding that as metal is in the soil for a period of time, small particles leach out into the soil next to the metal and electronically appear to be larger than the original piece of metal. This then interrupts more of the field of flux and therefore the metal detector has an easier time seeing it. This leaching increases somewhat as more time passes. I believe that is why you see the difference in depth sensing on fresh buried and air test compared to long buried finds. The frequency of the F44 is in line with coins also. That is why I would have liked to see what it does on gold and silver jewelry.

Yes im familiar with it, im just studying the physics and how significant in density and overall size this halo would have to be to return a signal to the coil. Some say the amount of metal disassociated by ionic and chemical forces is not significant enough to be able to be picked up by most detectors. Too small a granular count and density and accumulation around the object, such as clad. Anyways all interesting stuff.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well until that "some say" comes up with a more solid theory let's stick with the old halo theory until something better is announced. My logic says the halo business logically explains why a deep long buried coin can be sensed when a fresh buried coin at the same depth cannot. I also feel that detector frequency also has an impact on that theriory.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I paid for my F44 5-11-2015... I touched base with Bart yesterday and still no news from Fisher for a real ship date. They indicated that they would ship 5-18-2015, but that did not happen...
patiently waiting :)

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My calls yesterday resulted in NO answers. I do not believe they intend to ship anything this month.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at KELLYCO yesterday, they had received total of only ONE F11 from Fisher, no other models, they were doing tests with it. Fisher had given no word when any of the new models would be shipped for sale.

Last edited:

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's what Tim Mallory, their VP of Marketing and Sales said the other day on the Fisher Facebook page.

The f series ship to dealer June 3. So put in Pre orders now, with your dealers...

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Is this kind of delay typical for Fisher's new product releases? Seems odd that we're looking at almost 3 weeks from the original release date to what is now appearing on Facebook.

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Heard the same thing Rick straight from the source of Fisher.

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure hope it is soon. I am ready to see what this new machine is all about.

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Was hoping to have hunted with mine by now. With my upcoming business trip I now won't be a position to doing any hunting with any detector until mid-month.

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anymore updates?

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish that all these tentative shipping dates came under some kind of penalty clause like in corporate contracting. This being where the selling price got a daily reduction of maybe $20 until the item was actually shipped. I think there would be a lot more attention to announcements and shipping dates and a whole lot less waiting.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Based on a post on the Fisher Research Labs Facebook Page, they are not yet releasing the F44 for shipment - no new ship date given.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher has delayed release of the F-11, 22 and 44, no word on new release date.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread