Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I got to test it out today for about an hour and I love it! I really helped especially in the frozen ground. It saved me time, seriously.

I'd say it is good for one inch on coins, today I found a dime, a nickel and several pennies. The ground was so frozen that after I start to dig I want to make sure I don't dig anymore than I have too. I turned the sensitivity up to max and it helped me find coins with ease. On the nickel I dug, I simply could not see it, it was so dirty it blended in perfect with the mud, but with the pinpointer finding it was a breeze! It is worth every penny I paid ;D

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Awesome! That would have been handy today finding coins in the frozen ground here. The penny that was part eaten away was especially taxing to find in the diggings! lol

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good to hear. Mine came free with my F-75 and I prefer it to the Merlin SXL Pro I paid good money for.

I just got a Sunray FX-1 (like a 3/4" coil on a cable that stays attached to the main detector) and I'm worried that it's too good. A beep at a coin 4" away is not pinpointed. I have to squeeze the pinpoint trigger on the main detector to desensitize it, but that leaves no hand free for the digger. ??? Still learning.

Haaaay. Don't I know you from . . . ? Shhhhh. I never saw you here. ;)

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too just got the F point. It works well. I was thinking about the sunray probe also. Hey Charlie in your mind is it worth it? or had you known would you have stayed with a handheld? Souns like your getting too much depth an im not getting enough lol

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jury is still out on the Sunray. It is nice, but so far the ground is still frozen hereabouts and I haven't tried it in holes other than futzing around in my test garden and yard. I was hoping to get out ths week (detector is in the car) but the news this morning is calling for a flurries of snow and 20ºF nights. The pinpoint works to "sneak it in close" so that shouldn't be a problem.

Based on those I talked with and what I saw before I bought it I was and am pretty convinced it would be worth it.

I'll know the first day out "in the field" and I'll report back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread