Best CZ Coil??

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
Sun Ray makes an Excellent coil for the CZ Google FZ coil.

OP
OP
TXDIRTFISHER

TXDIRTFISHER

Dec 11, 2007
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
F75LTD / Tejon
Thanks Dixie for the info. I've been to your neck of the woods. I spent some time....a lot of time...working for the G and attending training in Brunswick.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher has larger coils for all the CZ detectors. Check their website. The CZ20 and 21 only have two coils, an 8" and 10" Spider coil

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
Recently I read a remark by Bob Foster that indicated a 10 1/2" factory coil on a cz3d would be the best deal in wide-open places over-all, and that a DFX would be the best over-all in trashy places.

He also said the F-75 would probably get the best depth and that an Explorer would work the best in handling bad soil.

Hey, whatever you do, don't get an Excellerator coil, the WOTS work a lot better.

Good luck.

EasyMoney

OP
OP
TXDIRTFISHER

TXDIRTFISHER

Dec 11, 2007
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
F75LTD / Tejon
What is a "WOTS"?

Thx for the info. I already have a DFX and I use my CZ-7 as a backup. I want to get a better coil at some point down the road for the CZ-7 and I wasn't sure what was out there. Thx.

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
It's a WOT coil..

They are expensive though.

Just type in "WOT searchcoils" on your browser.

RL OH

Feb 7, 2007
The 8 inch stock spider coil is the best all around coil in my opinion. This coil goes deep and is not near as heavy as the Fisher 10.5 coil. I could not handle the heft of that coil. Sunray use to make a 12 inch coil that is as light as the factory 10.5 coil. I don't believe they make them anymore, BUT I may be wrong on that. Ten inch deep coins were pretty routine with the stock 8 inch coil. That is hard to beat. R.L.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions