Ponte Vedra Beaches?

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
One of your best bets would be to hit Mickler's Landing. Tons of crowds use that beach. With regards to the others, there should be no problem swinging on the beach. The biggest problem is access. St. Johns county is very good at providing access to the beaches, but they can be discreet in their signage. Some of the access is literally a sandy trail on a property owners border. The property owner gets a sweet heart deal on their property taxes in exchange the county is given access.

OP
OP
Kimbrough

Kimbrough

Jun 18, 2006
Signal Mountain, TN
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Diver_Down said:
One of your best bets would be to hit Mickler's Landing. Tons of crowds use that beach. With regards to the others, there should be no problem swinging on the beach. The biggest problem is access. St. Johns county is very good at providing access to the beaches, but they can be discreet in their signage. Some of the access is literally a sandy trail on a property owners border. The property owner gets a sweet heart deal on their property taxes in exchange the county is given access.
That's great! Access is no problem as there is a large public beach about a mile south of Sawgrass with a large parking lot. I'd park there and walk to Sawgrass and back. Could be fun!

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Kimbrough said:
Diver_Down said:
That's great! Access is no problem as there is a large public beach about a mile south of Sawgrass with a large parking lot. I'd park there and walk to Sawgrass and back. Could be fun!
The "large parking lot with the large public beach" that you mention sounds exactly like Mickler's Landing. Good luck and happy hunting!

OP
OP
Kimbrough

Kimbrough

Jun 18, 2006
Signal Mountain, TN
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Well I went and hunted in front of Sawgrass and Mickler's Landing. Didn't find much of worth but I'm mighty proud of myself for getting up early. The sunrises were priceless!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread