Old A1A South parking

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk
Warning,

If your Native of the area: Old A1A south" just before Marineland" along the roadway just pass the stop sign:
for the past 70 yrs, We natives been parking along the road, and going threw the dunes. going to the Beach.
The county place " No parking signs" just passed the stop sign: 5 months ago: The people along that stretch of OLD A1A
was complaining about the everyone parking there. So in there Favor' The county put up No Parking signs:
I was there the other with another person talking the PSA officer giving tickets.. Parking Tickets are $40.00,,
and if you have a Pet, you better have that pet on a leash: That ticket is $68.00 , he gave a girl a ticket after
he talked to us.. So watch where you park down there!!!!!.. PSA just waiting to write Tickets!!!!
There is a parking lot Just before you get to MarineLand on the west side of the road!!
it's a shame' how people down the road. have control of county roads, and public beach's:
These's signs are wrong!! because the county has no money' So they figure
make up there own rules with parking sign's..

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Sapper,

I never park there because I had a feeling that I would get towed or ticketed. I was just thinking the other day about our rule in court that "Ignorance of the law is not a defense." I wonder how it is that anyone would expect everyone to know every law?

I really think it is getting out of control . . .

I'm changing my signature.

Jack

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
The trick is to go further down the road where the pavement ends. I had a discussion with a sheriff the other week. It was his position that the road ends with the pavement, but the locals (renters) have access. The county has no obligation to maintain the "road" beyond that point. He, of course, was still ticketing those that were parked there. I was parked up where Sapper mentioned. I would imagine that one could contest such a ticket with ample photographic evidence supporting the county's responsibility and the recipient's vehicle being beyond the county's responsibility.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread