2007_0311Image0001.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 385

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
It is usually difficult to say without hands on examination. Limestone or sandstone rock? Probably would need closeup and well as rock type.

The wavy imprints on the bottom left kind of remind me of weathered ripple marks(from streams)- they are usually preserved in clastics such as sandstone or siltstone.

George

lamplighter36

Jun 4, 2006
Cowtown, TX (DFW)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
real hard to say....the left edge looks worked. hmmmmmmm..... those lines look too uniform/and not uniform to be mama nature.

any more info on the area it was found in. might help.

OP
OP
bongo1962

bongo1962

Feb 4, 2007
Buick City
ll36, It was found along the banks of the neosho river in kansas. It was unique in its markings, but just one in a million in composition? My dear old Daddy called it fieldstone, but I am sure it is a sediment based stone. Bongo

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
What are the dimensions?

An abrader is a tool that was used to create a rough surface on the edge of a flint preform, so as to make it possible to remove exact flakes in the creation of a spear point. Normally, an adrader is held in the hand. It gets scarred up similar to the marks on your object. It is possible that it was used like a workbench to sharpen bone awls, or prepare platforms on the flint, like I described above.

Good luck finding out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread