thrift store prsion art

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
After reading this forum...I decided to try my luck at garage sales and thrift store to perhaps find a fleabay item and trying to keep in mind the recommendations and finds others have made.

Well.. I saw a lot, but did not buy much. I found I spent a lot of time standing around and looking things up on my cell phone. It got tiring.

I made my bets.. buying a farberware butcher knife for .99 and cobra kitchen knife from japan for .99. New and I thought they might be worth a bit more. Wrong. hahaha

I bypassed a usb microscope for 5.00...though I looked at it long. That is what I should have bought! It looks like they go for 15.00 or more.

Then there was this.... I suspect this will still be there tomorrow. 15.00 is the price. I do not see that prison art sells on ebay..but the plaque and the folk art flavor to this make me think it might be worth a bit more.

I hope this is the right forum! There has to be some better way to review items than standing around using your cellphone?

Attachments

• IMAG0036.jpg
    IMAG0036.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 631
  • IMAG0037.jpg
    IMAG0037.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 635
  • IMAG0035.jpg
    IMAG0035.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 610

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Intresting But Curious.

They Gave him Paint Brushes With Handles ?

Must have been a Trusted Prisoner :laughing7:
They could be carved into "Stickers" :D

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Some Yankee will buy that thing on eBay for sure. They flip for folk art-looking Southern items. It was (1) made in the South, (2) made in Mississippi, and (3) made in prison.

desertmoons said:
There has to be some better way to review items than standing around using your cellphone?

There really isn't. I own a phone manufactured in 2005, so it's not a "smart" phone. I can't even get pics on it. Talk and text only. I usually have to call my bother on it and have him do an internet search from the PC at his house lol.

I guess I am going to have to break down at get one of those i-things eventually.

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Samsung smart phone with an ebay app, and I still find it faster to just call the wife at home and have her look the items up on ebay on our PC. That, plus I have no patience waiting for the #$@% phone to show results.

OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Thanks all for the replies. Surprisingly enough, it was still there today and I bought it and will try sailing at the bay. Just not sure how to figure shipping so I took a guess on that. I think marc you are right, doubtful it was made IN prison. I too find it ..moving and neat. But I think someone else would appreciate it more than me.

Hit some garage sales today. I see the real problem with all this is actually parting with some of your finds.

I found this Aram clutch or purse today. It looks like tooled leather to me,but is there some way to test for that?

Attachments

• IMAG0043.jpg
    IMAG0043.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 307
  • IMAG0041.jpg
    IMAG0041.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 309
  • IMAG0042.jpg
    IMAG0042.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 329

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread