Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't ever believe a seller!!!!!!

I followed a YS sign and stopped. I saw a table with costume jewelry and started looking with my loupe. The seller came up and there is no gold or silver on the table because his wife checked everything (guess she didn't read my book >:() I found a 10K chain that weighs 1.5gr. Not a lot of $$ but I only paid 25¢ :icon_thumright:

Now here is the good stuff I found. The first is a circa 1926 Trade Stimulator put in a penny and if it land in the right spot you get 5¢ 10¢ 25¢ in drinks or store merchandise. I paid $20 and negoitiong right now with someone for $200.
TARGET-1.jpg
TARGET-2.jpg

The other is a kids capgun, probably 1940. It the Big Horn model. A company called Kilgore made it. This thing looks real. It had a lot of play time. It had to be repaired once and I think the cylinder is from a different gun.
BIGHORN1.jpg
BIGHORN2.jpg

While I have your attention this is what I got last weekend, a Walther Nighthawk. It is a $200 CO2 pellet gun. >:( I thought it was real until I got home. It cost me $0
WALTHER.jpg

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: don't ever believe a seller!!!!!!

I love the trade stimulator. The best I did today was when the wife was changing out her purse for one she purchased today at a sale for $2, she found .50 and an earring that thought was fake (i'm trying to teach her!), turned out to be a 2.25 gram 14k hoop with a few small cz's in it. Not bad for free.

On an unrelated note- We were at the grocery store today and found a ladies wallet with money and ID and everything in it today. I turned it in to the manager. Did our shopping, looking for someone that may have been in a panic after discovering their loss. But it never happened, half hour later before we left I asked the manager and she said nobody had claimed it yet. Oh well, I guess they'll figure it out sooner or later. I did my part.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010

Nice finds Dan!!!

You never cease to amaze me with your finds!

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA

I never do beleieve a seller...lol I hear the same thing while looking at jewlery nothing good in there was already looked at. I just reply I am looking for flaws. If it's flatware etc. I just say looking who made it.. they say what some worth some money? I say really not sure cause at the time I really don't.. but I have a good idea what what makers are junk an what isn't.

harker52

Greenie
Mar 30, 2008

That trade simulator is a real nice find, one of the better finds I have seen posted on here. If you sell it for $200 someone will be getting a steal. I would put that thing up on ebay with a 10 day auction. If you don't want to ship it just do the local pick-up only.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

harker52 said:
That trade simulator is a real nice find, one of the better finds I have seen posted on here. If you sell it for $200 someone will be getting a steal.

here is what it could look like fully restored
10168_0628_1_md.jpg

The first guy turned it down because of the missing parts. I wish I had a workshop, I know I could restore it to at least a $300 to $350 value.

I went to "Ricks Restorations" website to see what he would charge. On his page where you can ask for a quote it says he will get back within 6 months. Guess he doesn't need the business.

Randyd

Mar 8, 2011
Kalifornia

cbyerdan,

Talk to some small upholstery or furniture refinishing shops or people that work out of their house. The refinisher is the most likely, but either one should know someone that would do it for you. You want the old hobby or retired guy.
R

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread