Do any of you sell from multiple ebay IDs?

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious. I was looking at the fees for a store and noticed it said no 50 free auction style listings each month if you have a store. I like to put up a bunch of auctions each month just to test the water on certain items and would hate to lose the 50 free auction style listings, especially when I'm testing the water on items in the $200+ range, those $2 per listing fees will add up fast.

Does anybody have a store front on one ID and list their 50 free auctions on another ID and then switch them over to store listings on the store ID? Seems like ebay would catch on pretty fast with this, but ebay is a weird company, so what do I know?

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohhh Bazinga

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is legal to have more than one eBay user id, the only requirement is, you must have is a separate email address from that of your original eBay User Id.

However, registering new accounts or using other existing accounts to avoid buying and selling restrictions or limits or other policy consequences is not allowed.

There is of course more than one way to skin a cat if you are "creative" and have family that lives close by that doesn't use Ebay, 'nuff said.

Last edited:

okie jack

Apr 3, 2012
locust grove oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White dfx and xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is legal to have more than one eBay user id, the only requirement is, you must have is a separate email address from that of your original eBay User Id.

However, registering new accounts or using other existing accounts to avoid buying and selling restrictions or limits or other policy consequences is not allowed.

There is of course more than one way to skin a cat if you are "creative" and have family that lives close by that doesn't use Ebay, 'nuff said.

Thats what i do . There is ways around the fees but the first thing is to become a power seller . It is alot of work but when you got it you got it and it saves you a ton of cash.

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah, I'm not against getting "creative" but none of my family lives close by or else I would do that.

I just hate the idea of losing a 10+ year old account with thousands of feedback on it when I'm selling expensive antiques. Buyers like to see a history of selling certain items and knowing that I know how to pack them safely and I'm not some fly by night seller trying to steal their money. For $50 they will risk it, for $500 they might not.

If anybody has any creative ways that they know actually works, feel free to PM me. I'm not against getting another internet hookup at my house. I also have 3 actively used computers at my disposal as well. But at the end of the day, the payments are all being paid to the same name.

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats what i do . There is ways around the fees but the first thing is to become a power seller . It is alot of work but when you got it you got it and it saves you a ton of cash.

Being a power seller has been easy the past few years. There was a time many years ago when it required more effort, but now you just have to sell so many items, not so many thousands of dollars a month for 3 consecutive months or whatever it once was. But anymore, I have no desire to be a power seller. I'm not doing next day shipping on my sales as eBay isn't a priority for me, it's just a fun game on the side. Some months I might do 200-300 listings and then not list again for another 10 months. It's not uncommon for me to see a good auction and travel 5 hours away and not be home for a day or two and any items that sell while I'm gone, well they are just going to have to wait, haha. :)

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Being a power seller has been easy the past few years. There was a time many years ago when it required more effort, but now you just have to sell so many items, not so many thousands of dollars a month for 3 consecutive months or whatever it once was. But anymore, I have no desire to be a power seller. I'm not doing next day shipping on my sales as eBay isn't a priority for me, it's just a fun game on the side. Some months I might do 200-300 listings and then not list again for another 10 months. It's not uncommon for me to see a good auction and travel 5 hours away and not be home for a day or two and any items that sell while I'm gone, well they are just going to have to wait, haha. :)

Have you tried the "seller will be on vacation until..." feature when listing? I hear you though... I normally ONLY sell in the winter/off season months. Because of that, Power Seller will forever evade me.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should still be able to manage my power seller status. I like the discount. $30-$50 a month extra in final value fees adds up, every little bit helps. When something gets a bid, I box it up. As soon as they pay I print a label and ship it off. As long as you print the label within 1 business day, your good to go. You can ship it off the following day if need be. The PO is only a mile or so from me. I don't trust the mailman to pick them up from my house.

ps- photos are now free for all listings.

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried the "seller will be on vacation until..." feature when listing? I hear you though... I normally ONLY sell in the winter/off season months. Because of that, Power Seller will forever evade me.

Never tried the vacation settings. I generally only sell frequently maybe 2 or 3 months out of the year and I somehow easily obtain power seller status. But that will change with their latest rules. They are always tinkering with their website.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To do what you want with multiple accounts you'd need all the info. very different as well as the credit card used to register. I've thought about multiple selling accounts, not for that reason, but decided in the end I'd rather just have one to have to look after. One strategy that did come to mind since I both auction and do the store thing, is that I would hold the 50 I wanted to list for free at fixed (high) prices until the free listing came around and then I would run them all through and hope most sold. I might look at that in the future but right now I have to get back to volume and not really caring about the fees so much.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
We should have an eBay forum. I have some questions.

clorox

Jun 1, 2012
Northern California
Primary Interest:
Other
I have some questions!

-Reserves, yes or no? I realize that you more seasoned sellers are pretty good at realizing the price you want without reserves. But would it be useful for a newer seller like me (well, just about to start selling) to make sure that I don't take a huge hit? Or are there other ways of achieving that without using a reserve, like a higher start bid or Buy It Now?
-One of the tidbits that I've picked up from lurking this forum is to always end auctions on Sunday nights. Is the effect really that pronounced?
-Description layouts and disclaimers: HTML templates, links to your other items and the like are standard in the descriptions of many sellers. Would it be out of place for someone just starting out? Is a boilerplate disclaimer necessary? Since I'll be selling many fewer items to begin with, running in to a problem buyer is less likely. Should I focus more on the pictures and the description or the defense?
-What should I avoid doing? What common mistakes have you run into frequently from new sellers? Any general advice for a newb like myself?

I realize not all of these may be answerable, but I'd greatly appreciate anything you have to say.

okie jack

Apr 3, 2012
locust grove oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White dfx and xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
clorox said:
I have some questions!

-Reserves, yes or no? I realize that you more seasoned sellers are pretty good at realizing the price you want without reserves. But would it be useful for a newer seller like me (well, just about to start selling) to make sure that I don't take a huge hit? Or are there other ways of achieving that without using a reserve, like a higher start bid or Buy It Now?
-One of the tidbits that I've picked up from lurking this forum is to always end auctions on Sunday nights. Is the effect really that pronounced?
-Description layouts and disclaimers: HTML templates, links to your other items and the like are standard in the descriptions of many sellers. Would it be out of place for someone just starting out? Is a boilerplate disclaimer necessary? Since I'll be selling many fewer items to begin with, running in to a problem buyer is less likely. Should I focus more on the pictures and the description or the defense?
-What should I avoid doing? What common mistakes have you run into frequently from new sellers? Any general advice for a newb like myself?

I realize not all of these may be answerable, but I'd greatly appreciate anything you have to say.

You need to go to auctiva I is a site that makes listing on eBay easier and has a lot more free stuff they ad to your auction . It cost like 2.99 a month for 15 auctions but you can get unlimited for I think 9.00 . You don't have to type in everything every time all pictures are free and it makes your auction look a lot nicer . On the other hand I never use reserves . Most of the time if someone sees a reserve on your auction they will not even bid . People like the thrill of the auction they do not like seeing reserve not meet every time they bid. I think a high start up price is better but it still kinda takes the fun out of it.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Dont use reserves, just start the auction at a price where you would be comfortable selling it.
Regarding disclaimers: Remember that your own personal terms cannot and must not supersede ebays terms and conditions. You may post your own terms and conditions but if an ebay rule exists that contradicts your terms, then the ebay rule will hold up. Be careful.

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some questions!

Like the others have said, avoid reserves. When I see a reserve I just hit the back button unless the seller has stated what their reserve is.

I used to only end auctions on Sunday nights. But I've started trying other nights as well such as Monday through Wednesday. I try to have mine end around 9-9:30pm eastern time.

Templates are good and make you look more professional in my opinion. Try to use one that has all of your images in full size on the page. I hate clicking tiny little thumbnails to open an image in another window. Make the buyer's life easier, not more difficult. :) I use the terms to tell the buyers how I ship, when I ship, etc.

Avoid selling high priced items to start. Just start with $10-$30 items until you get the real hang of packing and shipping items. If an item breaks in shipment and you didn't get insurance, it's on YOU to refund the buyer. The buyer isn't required to purchase insurance. Insurance is to protect the SHIPPER of an item. That's one of the biggest newbie mistakes. So start off small and work your way up once you have some decent feedback under your belt.

Lafitte Deux

Jan 19, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Okie Jack,
Here's something that might help.
In the Ebay seller's section, you can get free USPS boxes, as well as flat rate Priority Mail boxes.
You might try shipping your stuff flat rate Priority Mail to make it easier to figure out how shipping works.
Also, Priority Mail is trackable.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Okie Jack,
Here's something that might help.
In the Ebay seller's section, you can get free USPS boxes, as well as flat rate Priority Mail boxes.
You might try shipping your stuff flat rate Priority Mail to make it easier to figure out how shipping works.
Also, Priority Mail is trackable.

Thanks for your input but I don't recall anyone mentioning anything about shipping in this thread...

Lafitte Deux

Jan 19, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I meant to address my answer to Clorox, as he asked for advice for an Ebay novice.
My apologies if I stepped on any toes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread