Anyone help me with bottles?

niffler72

Mar 26, 2010
Jersey
Detector(s) used
BH LandStar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked a box of bottles up off C/L the other day. Here are the first few I think are interesting. Any ideas? The fish bottle says Doctor Fisch's Bitters on the side and Wheaton NJ on the bottom. The other one is Ben Franklin and also says Wheaton NJ on the bottom. The eagle has a removable head but no markings at all. I thought they were cool and I paid $30 for a box of 34 bottles these were the three that interested me the most, I'm still sorting the others. Thanks in advance.
P.S. Thats a one litre water bottle and I have more pics if needed

Attachments

• P1000177.JPG
    P1000177.JPG
    284.7 KB · Views: 97
  • P1000180.JPG
    P1000180.JPG
    287.2 KB · Views: 91
  • P1000175.JPG
    P1000175.JPG
    360.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just type them into ebay individually. Wheaton bottles are pretty collectible and if you got 34 bottles that are all Wheaton for $30, you did pretty good. Sell the good ones individually and group the rest into lots that aren't too difficult to ship.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, be sure to look up each bottle individually and by color. Just because you don't think much of it doesn't mean it might not be some exceptionally rare piece or rare color.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Just type them into ebay individually. Wheaton bottles are pretty collectible and if you got 34 bottles that are all Wheaton for $30, you did pretty good. Sell the good ones individually and group the rest into lots that aren't too difficult to ship.
You forgot to mention make sure there are no chips or cracks in the bottles.. even the smallest crack or chip will make the bottle plunge by 50% or more of orginal value

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You forgot to mention make sure there are no chips or cracks in the bottles.. even the smallest crack or chip will make the bottle plunge by 50% or more of orginal value

That should go without saying. It's common sense.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Common sense to us,but not to the common person.. They think just be cause something sells for X amount every single one like it no matter condition is worth that
Yeah, I hear that. Alot of people really are clueless, especially down here.

OP
OP
niffler72

niffler72

Mar 26, 2010
Jersey
Detector(s) used
BH LandStar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info everyone. There are only 15 wheatons the rest are assorted. They are all in fantastic condition I even went over them with a loupe. This was my first try buying bottles.

terryo

Aug 13, 2007
north Florida
Detector(s) used
ace 250, 1974 Whites coinmaster 2/d
1st I would check the mold seams...if they go all the way to the top=repros....If not , find a bottle expert quick !

antlerman23

Jun 6, 2011
Rochester Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Fisher F2 (DD coil)
Whites Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
maybe post a group picture of the non-wheatons and bottle people can pick out the good ones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread