Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Chisos

Aug 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old original computers, original electronic calculators, original game devices, still hot wheels, cassette tapes and players, any ping golf putters and well, who knows. The junk of today is the treasure of tomorrow.

capt-zero

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure you posed the question correctly. Is the question, what should you get now, that will be worth a lot tommorow? I collect what interests me, with little concern for it's later value. That is what collecting is all about. Rarely will I sell those things that light a fire under me. Instead the enjoyment I get from having them and knowing their story is what drives me. If later the items become popular and there comes to be a lot of interest them, so much the better, but the fulfillment in collecting, for me at least, does not lie in the profit.

If profit is your concern, I agree with much of what Chisos posted. Look for items that will spark nostalgia with people who are young now, but will soon join the ranks of the affluent with disposable income.

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few ideas:
Spent Gift cards - some have interesting pictures on them and most get tossed.
Computer Cpus or Cell Phones - they are getting scrapped for gold and may be hard to find in the future ( and if they don't become collectible they would still be worth the gold content.
Thumb Drives - All sorts of character thumb drives are out there
Energy Drink - cans / advertising

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
If you are like me i never collect any thing...... I just don't like a bunch of stuff setting around ..... If i get something that i can sell now i sell it..... if not it goes right to a thrift store........ I don't like clutter.....

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are like me i never collect any thing...... I just don't like a bunch of stuff setting around ..... If i get something that i can sell now i sell it..... if not it goes right to a thrift store........ I don't like clutter.....

If you get sentenced to hell, they are sending you to my house :)

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Early razor scooters. First mass-marketed by Sharper Image. Today those old ones get thrown out by the droves, replaced by the new fancier models. But their popular, and those kids will want them the way folks of my age love the old Schwinn Stingray.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, whatever it is will probably have been "made in China". Sad but true. That alone makes it worthless to me, now and forever.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread