Thrift store haul

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I hit the local Thrift stores and and scored some nice loot. I paid 50 cents for each of the following items 2 Little golden books, Steve Canyon and Maverick (cover price 25 cents) and the same for the Adventures of Robin Hood. It was a Famous Elf book . I have never heard of them before. It says it was published by Rand Mc Nally:icon_scratch:. The Munsters- The Last Resort ,Lassie - The Wild Mountain Trail, Bonanza- Treachery Trail . Two 1963 Boy Scout patches Klondike Derby and District Camporee. I also bought to vintage Orange Juice pitchers the small one was 30 cents and the big one was 90 cents. My total bill was @ $6.00 I'm hoping to get 30-40 bucks out of all of this . Please let me know if you think that is realistic and if you have any additional info on any of the pieces. HH :-{ )

Ace Villa-V

Attachments

• img103 (3).jpg
    img103 (3).jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 435

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Nice finds! I love the books!!!

We had the same orange juice picture growing up.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would most definitely look into the edition/value on the Little Golden Books before
you auction them. eBay has added a nice feature that lists the First Edition points
for the FE's, which will bring far more than the average reprint if the condition
is still VG or better.

Just checked some "sold" prices, and it might be best selling them as a pair.

eBay Guides - Little Golden Book Editions, Pricing and Numbering

Last edited:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I would most definitely look into the edition/value on the Little Golden Books before
you auction them. eBay has added a nice feature that lists the First Edition points
for the FE's, which will bring far more than the average reprint if the condition
is still VG or better.

Just checked some "sold" prices, and it might be best selling them as a pair.

eBay Guides - Little Golden Book Editions, Pricing and Numbering

FYI, "ebay guides" are not ebay sanctioned features but more like blogs written by ebay users. I'm sure acevilla will look up the values and sell the books appropriately.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Anchor Hocking (or Libbey) carafes are cool. They have little oj glasses that go with them. I find them often down here.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
FYI, "ebay guides" are not ebay sanctioned features but more like blogs written by ebay users. I'm sure acevilla will look up the values and sell the books appropriately.

Wow...did I say something wrong?

FYI, I've been a bookseller for over 20 years, and know the sellers who put that info together for eBay, and
they are quite qualified. My intent was only to input something useful, as I have no idea of how much experience
acevilla has with the LGB's, and would hate to see a fellow treasure hunter lose out on potential revenue.

Guess next time I'll just keep my thoughts to myself. 'Nuff said.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FYI, I've been a bookseller for over 20 years, and know the sellers who put that info together for eBay, and
they are quite qualified. My intent was only to input something useful, as I have no idea of how much experience
acevilla has with the LGB's, and would hate to see a fellow treasure hunter lose out on potential revenue.

You didn't say anything wrong that I saw. Stick around, Ben must have been having a bad day or something. It sounded a little harsh to me also.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

My bad. No harm meant by that post. Also, thanks for the info about 1st editions.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, some of you people are WAY too sensitive... I saw no harsh posts in this thread, just a reality check.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe "harsh" wasn't the right word, I believe it was more in the way it sounded or was perceived. Maybe "peremptory" is a better adjective. Ben is a good guy and one of the more knowledgeable members on here. It's all good,

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, some of you people are WAY too sensitive... I saw no harsh posts in this thread, just a reality check.

It's almost makes you want to forget the conversation about books and go to the Everything Else forum and talk about guns. :laughing7:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know where a bunch of Little Golden Books are.
Knowledgable info on them would be most appreciated. Thanks.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
There are no conflicts here, that's that other forum that starts with a C and has to do with rolls of coins. :laughing7: Just a slight misunderstanding every now and then over here.

Agreed. I've said it before... "Garage Sales" is the best section of Tnet!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed. I've said it before... "Garage Sales" is the best section of Tnet!

Well for us guys who don't dig anything it is. :laughing7: Maybe I should just speak for myself. I've dug lots in the past but have only been out once in over a year... and that's basically the reason I started posting here. I probably have more in common with you guys now than I do with the people playing in the dirt. I'm on the east coast and the detecting is pretty good, and easy to find old stuff, but if I was most other places I'd probably hang up the coil for good and stick to this.... meaning I will get back into digging old coins and relics in a big way at some point, but when that is I'm not exactly sure. Detecting is actually what started me off on buying and selling because we did fairly well back in the day and I sold a lot of junk, doubles, and a few of the scores.

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still try to get out at least once a month to the beach to detect. Nothing like I use to though, that's for sure.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My apologies to all...I felt like I was being "dressed down" for making the suggestions that were offered.
Now I understand that it was not intended in that way, so no worries at all here. It is often difficult to
perceive the "tone" of a post, and I took that one the wrong way. Again, sorry to all as I'm certainly
not thin skinned..lol

Hoping Pat and Ace came up with several high-end Firsts..and if not, keep lookin'! 8-)

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
I don't get out 'tecting what I used to either. Just once this last summer. Once you find that you can buy large amounts of silver in one trip to the flea market, one look on ebay or one Sat. at yard sales and more so now, now that word gets out you buy and usually have a little cash on you, the deals, coin collections and jewelry boxes, come right to you and more silver and large cents then I could find in a whole summer of detecting and digging. I doubt I am anything out of the ordinary on here. I just wish I knew what Diggum and IP knew.

northwoods

Feb 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's DFX300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds. I just stopped in at a Salvation Army for 15 minutes. They were having a special - all the books you can fit in a bag for $3. I filled one bag in 15 minutes, went home and listed them on Amazon for over $350. There was one $100 book, a cool glossy Star Wars action figure ID / Price Guide. I sold $40 worth of books already of those that I listed. Score!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions