Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anyone sell on etsy?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2013
    193 times

Anyone sell on etsy?

I was wondering if anyone here ever sold anything on Etsy. Com. I believe they're selling fees are 3.5% instead of 15% like eBay. Although I listed some necklaces for a month and never sold a thing. Just wondering if anyone Has sold on there before?

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** I use only top name brand detectors *****
    1248 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET
    Could be not to many have heard of ..Etsy... I never did......... But would it not be better to sell on Ebay pay your fee and sell your item...... Than to sell on Esty for a cheap fee and never sell your item...
    "...Let no one know what,were or when..."

Feb 2013
    372 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I was curious about that site and others. Is there particular categories or something they are making a name for themselves in?

Mar 2013
    193 times
    I was thinking about selling on my eBay site but when I sell the item Mail a Card saying to check the Etsy site And offer discounted shipping or 5% off or something like that. 3.5% can be a big difference then 13-15% on some larger items. And I'm thinking maybe just listing straight coins and jewelry on the Etsy site.

us
    Feb 2013
    Maryland/Vermont
    147 times
    I just started about a week ago. I sell predominantly vintage clothing, which etsy is fairly well known for. I've noticed people will pay a lot more on etsy than for equivalent items on ebay, it seems to be very focused on the photography and the sellers themselves. I haven't made a sale yet, but it's only been a week. I'll definitely keep this thread updated!

Charter Member
    us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    2468 times
    Hey Isabella,
    I have a small etsy store and I have seen other members' stores and links too, in the past.
    Seems like some folks do REALLY well, and others just trudge along. I'm still finding my niche, so to say. LOL!
    I would say read there TOU's, what's allowed, etc, and check their forums, to see if they would maybe be a supplement to your ebay sales. Come visit my store or convo me over there too, if you like.

I had wondered if we might be able to make a sticky thread with folks ebay and etsy store names, those that have them. That is, if folks wanted there ebay or etsy names noted here, or not...... I kind of always thought, I would rather do online business with ppl I know, or know from somewhere, than with strangers. (I also want to start a seed swap here, but that's a whole nother subject).
    I just think it's good when fellow forum folks are able to network and help each other. There are so many amazing ppl here that do amazing things.

eta: The only reason I have a link on my sig is because I am a paying charter member (would not be right to do it, if one was not a charter member, or didn't give t-net their dues imho. I don't self promote with emails, messages, "come see my store, blah blah b;ah", all over t-net. I appreciate the charter member benefits. Ya'll do know you can buy and sell things here on t-net in the classifieds also, just saying)
    Last edited by pat-tekker-cat; Jun 12, 2013 at 09:23 PM.
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/patharp?ref=si_shop

Jun 2012
    Northern California
    47 times
    CRH, garage sales
    When people hear I resell the jewelry I buy at sales lots of people ask if I sell it on Etsy. I haven't looked into it much, as I'm still working on getting eBay down, so I'd also love to hear what people think of it.

us
    Apr 2008
    104 times
    You can do some comparison here... Etsy.com Site Info
    Don't believe everything you read on the internet - Abraham Lincoln

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    2538 times
    To sell on ETSY, it either needs to be a handmade item, craft supplies or vintage (20 years or more).
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is King.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it.

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
    856 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I have vintage collectable miniature whiskeys that a need to sell. You can no longer sell whiskeys on eBay unless they are empty . Are there miniature whiskey sellers on Etsy?

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    2538 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcypresshunter View Post
    I have vintage collectable miniature whiskeys that a need to sell. You can no longer sell whiskeys on eBay unless they are empty . Are there miniature whiskey sellers on Etsy?
    I have a bottle of Funny Cide (Kentucky Derby) wine that I can't get rid of either. This guy is selling a mini bottle of whisky and mentions more for sale. Vintage Miniature Mini Whiskey Liquor Bottle B BAKERS by mrohio
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is King.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it.

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    856 times
    Quote Originally Posted by diggummup View Post
    I have a bottle of Funny Cide (Kentucky Derby) wine that I can't get rid of either. This guy is selling a mini bottle of whisky and mentions more for sale. Vintage Miniature Mini Whiskey Liquor Bottle B BAKERS by mrohio
    Ok it looks as if Etsy is allowing whiskey sales.

Its a very new rule from eBay to no longer allow whiskey sales. i would really like to know where all the previous miniature collectable whiskey sellers have moved to.

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    856 times
    Are there any other popular online auction sites? Here is a good read on the subject. eBay Bans Alcohol Sales ? Other Whisky Auction Alternatives | Drink Spirits

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    856 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pat-tekker-cat View Post
    I have a small etsy store and I have seen other members' stores and links too, in the past.
    Seems like some folks do REALLY well, and others just trudge along. I'm still finding my niche, so to say. LOL!
    I would say read there TOU's, what's allowed, etc, and check their forums, to see if they would maybe be a supplement to your ebay sales. Come visit my store or convo me over there too, if you like.
    Hello pat. You suggested I come here and I did.

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    856 times
    How can I search items sold on Etsy. I want to see if eBay prices are obtained. whiskey miniature on Etsy, a global handmade and vintage marketplace.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsors