Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Famous Turtle, I have one very important question for you! ARE YOU A TURTLE? :laughing7:
I'll try to "like" you on etsy and hook-up. Good luck with your store, too!

I search the sold items, then go back to their store to see what they sell the items for. That doesn't always work with OOAK or vintage items, though. Diggummups' idea to email them, that's good advice, thanks.

Yeah, BCH, I figure with that Fiestaware and your new reselling hobby (due to time on your hands, sorry to hear about that), you could maybe pick up some pointers over here. I hope all is going well for you, (call on me, if ever you need).

Hey isoz and jb, NOT just a womans place to shop....... I have seen some of the coolest craftsmanship on the planet there! Done by men! Woodworking, carving, metal work, jewelrysmiths, you name it........ I also seen some older fellow selling bondage type outfits from Oregon (I believe), cracked me up! LOL!
IMHO, you men and women of USA can utilize this outlet for income, constructive money making and projecting, family involvement, basically, it's an outlet to network, communicate, and make some money.
I don't mean to be political about it, but, as fast as our government is giving our money away to folks overseas, it's gonna be up to us hard working folks, to try and get some of it BACK! LOL! Or, at least be able to keep our own heads above water.......
Good luck everyone, and do feel free to message me if I can help anyone. I may not always see an address to me in these posts here.
Ya'll have a great day!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Famous Turtle, I have one very important question for you! ARE YOU A TURTLE? :laughing7:
I'll try to "like" you on etsy and hook-up. Good luck with your store, too!

I search the sold items, then go back to their store to see what they sell the items for. That doesn't always work with OOAK or vintage items, though. Diggummups' idea to email them, that's good advice, thanks.

Yeah, BCH, I figure with that Fiestaware and your new reselling hobby (due to time on your hands, sorry to hear about that), you could maybe pick up some pointers over here. I hope all is going well for you, (call on me, if ever you need).

Hey isoz and jb, NOT just a womans place to shop....... I have seen some of the coolest craftsmanship on the planet there! Done by men! Woodworking, carving, metal work, jewelrysmiths, you name it........ I also seen some older fellow selling bondage type outfits from Oregon (I believe), cracked me up! LOL!
IMHO, you men and women of USA can utilize this outlet for income, constructive money making and projecting, family involvement, basically, it's an outlet to network, communicate, and make some money.
I don't mean to be political about it, but, as fast as our government is giving our money away to folks overseas, it's gonna be up to us hard working folks, to try and get some of it BACK! LOL! Or, at least be able to keep our own heads above water.......
Good luck everyone, and do feel free to message me if I can help anyone. I may not always see an address to me in these posts here.
Ya'll have a great day!

Thanks for the info but please dont lump me in to that post. I have no idea what isoz was talking about - thus my :dontknow: icon.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's woman stuff, promote on Pinterest and sell on Etsy.

I work with internet marketing.

I think what isoz is saying is that most of Pinterest's user's are female so it stands to reason that by pinning your "woman's stuff" photos on Pinterest it will help promote your "woman's stuff" sales on Etsy.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I think what isoz is saying is that most of Pinterest's user's are female so it stands to reason that by pinning your "woman's stuff" photos on Pinterest it will help promote your "woman's stuff" sales on Etsy.

Thanks. I'll have to check it out as I've never used Pinterest before.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, sorry mate, wrong answer! You owe me a drink now. LOL! :laughing7:
I can't believe you never heard of the International Brotherhood of Turtles!?
Just what kinda turtle are you? :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

I thought all servicemen/women knew about the Turtles.
Well, I guess ya never know where you'll learn something mew. :laughing7:
Are You A Turtle?

Turtles

Just funning with you, I figure you tough enough to take it! :laughing7:
Thank you for your service, too! :notworthy:

Ok Etsy wise,
I've never done the Pinterest thing, guess I better check my womanhood, arh? :laughing7:
Most on the etsy forums say pinterests will get them lots of hits or views, but it usually does not result in sales. I sometimes advertise things in my store or on ebay on CL across the country.
Eh, I do what I can........ :dontknow:

Nov 17, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, sorry mate, wrong answer! You owe me a drink now. LOL! :laughing7:
I can't believe you never heard of the International Brotherhood of Turtles!?
Just what kinda turtle are you? :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

I thought all servicemen/women knew about the Turtles.
Well, I guess ya never know where you'll learn something mew. :laughing7:
Are You A Turtle?

Turtles

Just funning with you, I figure you tough enough to take it! :laughing7:
Thank you for your service, too! :notworthy:

Ok Etsy wise,
I've never done the Pinterest thing, guess I better check my womanhood, arh? :laughing7:
Most on the etsy forums say pinterests will get them lots of hits or views, but it usually does not result in sales. I sometimes advertise things in my store or on ebay on CL across the country.
Eh, I do what I can........ :dontknow:

LOL, Never heard of it. A drinking fraternity with no fees? Sounds like my kind. :)

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What is the meaning of Flying Turtles? I have a Wooden Nickle if you want it (4free)'. Picked it up somewhere or sometime in the 80s. Flying Turtles on backside.

Attachments

• wooden nickel.jpg
    wooden nickel.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 76
  • wooden nickel back.jpg
    wooden nickel back.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 80

Grimcow

May 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Girlfriend has an Etsy store. Not as much stock as she had before because almost everything she put up sold quickly. She sold alot of "vintage" stuff.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it seems to be very focused on the photography and the sellers themselves
I have had an account with them for a few years and have something up now. You are right, it seem to be a clicky stuckup crowd. When I buy something I want to buy the item and not "feel good" about the seller.

Cojones

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had an account with them for a few years and have something up now. You are right, it seem to be a clicky stuckup crowd. When I buy something I want to buy the item and not "feel good" about the seller.

That's cause they push more towards a community type feel. Kinda like what ebay use be back in the day. Problem with etsy is they over do it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread