Nice quick profit from the thrift store yesterday!

Keilasdad

Aug 22, 2013
Spotsylvania, Virginia
Detector(s) used
El Cheapo Harbor Freight!
Primary Interest:
Other
Yesterday I made a quick run into the thrift store by where I work because I have been slammed for the last few weeks and haven't even had time for lunch most days. I quickly scanned the toys and electronics section and then passed through the appliances and was about to head out the door and back to the grind because I didn't see anything that caught my eye. Right as I was about to head out I spotted a nice looking old receiver plugged in that someone must have been testing. I went over to check and it was a Sony TA-N330ES. For those not into audio, the ES stands for Elevated Standard and was Sony's top of the line audiophile level units. Best of all, it was marked at $24.95! I knew that even if it wasn't working, I could easily recoup my investment by selling the parts out of it. I snatched it up quickly.....wait....I started to anyway then figured out I better use my knees instead of my back because this beast was HEAVY!!!!!

Got it home and hooked it up, and HOLY CRAP......this thing sounds AMAZING! VERY powerful, yet clean, clean, clean! Reluctantly, I put it on Ebay with a buy it now price of $150. Less than an hour later SOLD! And right behind the auction ending was the PayPal deposit! :icon_thumleft:
Sony 1.JPG Sony4.JPG

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Score !

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Vintage stereo equipment is something I always look for. I have yet to come across a pre-amp. Nice score!!!

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been stunned at how much some vintage electronics sell for. Given how quickly it sold, I wonder if it would have sold for a lot more but that is a great score anyway. I am always on the lookout for stuff like that but have yet to find any.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread