Another big weekend in Southern California

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful Downtown Burbank is having a city wide sale tomorrow. Normally you need a permit(?) to hold a garage sale. One day a year, they open the city up. tomorrow is the big day. normally, this small town will have 100 or so sales. The interesting thing is that because there are so many studios nearby, you can sometimes find some interesting props, show gifts (Christmas, End of Shoot, or end of the season gifts from the cast to the crew or from the Producer to the cast and crew), and so on. I once found a Fosil Watch given by Jay Leno to the Crew of his show. It was new and in the box. It had his autograph and face engraved into the back of the watch. $5. We've even found some show used props, original prints of films, and so on. I go to Burbank about once every month or two to run the sales with my friends, but this weekend is special.

OP
OP
D

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked up a couple of Cartoon Network Colored Pencils. They are square and in a package, painted over them is a mural of many of the CN characters. Nice Disneyland poster, Framed for the 2008 Disneyland Marathon, Signed by artist, limited Edition 125 of 500. (pencils and art for $3). HP 5056W printer New in sealed box. Paid $5, listed it on Amazon and sold it in less than 24 hours for $159.99 plus shipping (someone got a VERY good deal on that). Very cool Computer Camera that does Night Vision and Macro 200x, New in Box. paid $2 listed on Amazon for $149.99. 2 prints by Fred Stone. Unsigned, but hand named (if that makes sense). Paid $10 for both. One has been taken by my wife, the other is a gift to a friend who knows the subject of the subject of the print. A few other bits and bobs (you know, paid $1, sell for $15 to $25. We call them singles. Hit 5 or 10 of those a day, and you've had a pretty good day).

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job!

Just curious, why do you sell on Amazon rather than ebay or somewhere else? I've sold on ebay but never tried Amazon.

OP
OP
D

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I like amazon because I can list 20 or 30 items in 10 minutes. For new items, I can earn a LOT more than I can on Ebay. I do sell on Ebay, but I sell Collectibles, Art, rarities, and things that go 6 months or more without selling on Amazon.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread