I guess this Shawnee pie bird must be quite rare $960+ish rare!

OP
OP
inspectorgadget

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks inspector,i have stuff i bought from people that just have to much stuff that they just want to get rid of and would love to sit back at home and sell but think it would be a pain to hire accountants and get a reciept at every yard sale with the description of item bought, how far i drove to get it,tires i bought for the gas guzzler,i admire you ebay guys.i think i would just like to be the guy ya come too for inventory.

Ebay/PayPal only reports sales of over 200 items & $20,000 so if you stay under that mark your OK no taxes involved if you don't want! We make our own receipts for garage sale items because it's all you can really do & this is what I was talking about with "fudging" the numbers! You need to save all receipts tho for everything that has to do with buying, transporting, storage & so on, basically all your overhead that is related to buying & selling this is where our accountant helps a lot by telling us what to do with what money & where & how to spend it so it benefits us. We do super high volume & an accountant isn't necessary if you do low volume like I use to do. I went for 7-8 years small time before going big time a few years ago & never used an accountant during those 7-8 years!

If you haven't read many of my posts I mostly buy at a great local auction here that is very big & along with a main room, a tool building, a furniture building & a specialty building they sell lots of pallets of stuff from estates, storage units, consignments & so on. I can spend $10-$25 on a pallet of stuff that I can get upwards of $500 to $1000 out of. It's a great gig but we are so backlogged we are almost 6 months behind in selling & that's with help from 3 other people selling for us too! We buy 10 of these pallets per week & spend between $100 & $200 on it all, 2 trucks with camper shells completely full! I also target specific items in the main room & do quite well at it but still at this auction the best money is in the pallets! Talk about hard to figure out what you paid for an item that came with 100 other items on a pallet you paid $15 for & proving what you paid for it, that's basically impossible without some number fudging somewhere.

Just start light & list a few items & play with it. Make sure to describe things accurately as is possible, take several great pictures, not good pictures but great pictures! Research your items first & things should go fine!

hey james please start to look for positive things around you,beginning to look like you are a very unhappy fella,inspectorgadet has only giving good advice on this section here at treasurenet

Thanks jamey!

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you,i might give it another shot,did real well on my rookwood bird i sold on ebay,but got alittle gun shy after all the fees then the taxes too..but i think id be way under 20,000.00 a year so i might give it a shot.just like to learn a little more from you guys who no the bay

OP
OP
inspectorgadget

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you,i might give it another shot,did real well on my rookwood bird i sold on ebay,but got alittle gun shy after all the fees then the taxes too..but i think id be way under 20,000.00 a year so i might give it a shot.just like to learn a little more from you guys who no the bay

Remember this... most of us eBay sellers actually hate eBay & PayPal's policies (at least the newest ones). The old eBay way wasn't nearly as bad for low to mid tier sellers! They are evil & out to protect very big time sellers of Chinese garbage & the buyers & that's it. Small & mid tier sellers are the ones who have the most to worry about! It's so easy to get ripped off by buyers these days & the stories I know of alone are just mind boggling. If a buyer wants to rip you off & has half a mind & they are dead set on doing it that can do it very easily! Sad but very true! Your power as a seller is very very little the way eBay has it set up now & makes you a target because everyone knows this, it's no secret anymore!

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats rite i forgot about that,they say they did not get the package or send you back a box of rocks,thanks again james mentioned just selling to a dealer,sounds like the best for me to do now that you brought that up,ebay has got to be tough,they even own paypal..

OP
OP
inspectorgadget

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey inspectorgadget...Can you imagine what might happen to the PGM market if any one of my little Extremely Rare Platinum Specimens gets out into the hands of someone who may cause a panic in said market???HEHEHE

Oh, but maybe that is why ya'll all mighty powers that be are trying your best to keep me from selling one to anyone...I wonder if My Father might send just the right person to my eBay posting to do such a thing???

Shoot...If I were one of ya'll...I would buy every darn one of my specimens, just to keep them out of the wrong hands...:tongue3::dontknow::notworthy::laughing7:

Although ya'll are not me...

Ed T

Yes I can imagine!!

BUT wait.. Hold on, now what? Are you selling these or even just one or are you kidding? And if you are serious how much?? & details?? Very interesting post there buddy!

OP
OP
inspectorgadget

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats rite i forgot about that,they say they did not get the package or send you back a box of rocks,thanks again james mentioned just selling to a dealer,sounds like the best for me to do now that you brought that up,ebay has got to be tough,they even own paypal..

Selling to a dealer is OK & safe that's for sure & it's fine if you don't need top dollar. We sell stuff to dealers because we have so much of it but nothing high end mind you. Don't be scared of selling on eBay from the horror stories we move a lot of stuff & a very small percentage is there ever any issues with & we win any claims 99% of the time. We are not targeted by scammers like you are if you sell newer good electronics like iphones or anything apple, laptops & stuff like that is what gets hit the hardest by these scam people. Antiques & collectables are not the big target for these people but it can happen. Most problems come from people who are off their rocker & lost their mind or something & even these disputes get resolved without any or much loss of any money. I didn't mean to scare ya off at all because from experience you don't have that much to worry about & the risk really is worth the reward. You have a 0.3% chance of missing your mouth the next time you take a drink & that's about the same odds of getting ripped off selling old items on eBay.

OP
OP
inspectorgadget

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BTW.. Where are you located & what kind of stuff are you trying to sell??

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As if you didn't know inspectorgadget...You are prolly one uv the main principals trying to keep my posting on eBay to be seen by the wrong parties...Heck...Ya'll prolly even have them blacked out on certain computers...But what do I know???THe little voice that I hear in my head, that I'll call My Father's voice, tells me that I have about a snowballs chance in hell of selling one of my specimens...And My Father has not lied to me yet...Even if there prolly are people knocking down the doors ready willing and able to purchase them...Without ya'lls green light...My efforts are more than likely futile...But My Father has blessed me with SPIRIT...And I shall continue with my silly efforts ...Who knows...I just may give some of them away as gifts one of these days...But ya'll had better not hold your breaths...hehehe

Ed T
Huh? wtf? You lost me a couple days ago when I read one of your other posts.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ohi live in middle tenn,and i just have stuff that i have bought at yard sales and estate sales,nothing big,thanks inspector for your thoughts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread