Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Pippin, this ones for you (or anyone else):

I have had this necklace/pendant for a bit and I am considering listing it. I am not exactly sure how to list it because it is not marked. The chain is marked sterling on the clasp only. The pendant appears similar in style to others I have seen referred to as "Navajo Shadowbox". Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_1509.JPG
    IMG_1509.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1510.JPG
    IMG_1510.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 81

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could be referred to as a shadowbox piece. You see the black background behind the turquoise setting? That is the "shadowbox".

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree that it is a shadowbox pendant. If you are not comfortable using the word Navajo because it's unmarked then the word Southwest should suffice.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree that it is a shadowbox pendant. If you are not comfortable using the word Navajo because it's unmarked then the word Southwest should suffice.
This brings up a good point. You have to be careful when listing Native American items using specific tribe names without authentication. You can't call it a Navajo piece unless it is signed by a Navajo craftsman. Here are the specifics with all Native American items- Artifacts, grave-related items, and Native American arts and crafts policy

I don't usually post Ebay guides but i'll make an exception here. This will explain in further detail some things you may want to know about, now or in the future- Native American Selling | eBay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread