Gold Pin pick up

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Here's a pin I picked up the other day. They had it priced as a costume jewelry piece. I didn't see any marks but the look & feel was right so I bought it. When I got it home I found a VERY small 14k mark on the clasp. Tested just fine, weighs in at 7.2 dwt & I'm pretty sure the diamonds are real. Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to post a pic. 007.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Finally got the pic to post. I'm pretty happy with this one. Nothing quite like buying a good chunk of 14k for costume jewelry price.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like a good piece of jewelry. Diamonds? Can you post a photo of the back?

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is quite splendid. Definitely not a scrapper. Congrats on that find.

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
It is a nice piece. It's also the kind of piece I struggle with. Don't have my calculator on hand, but with spot around $1200 there's roughly $210 in melt value. My scrap connection would pay 95% of that. Would it sell on ebay for enough over that to cover fees & the extra time/effort involved?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice 'retro' late 1940s to 1950s I would call it? ? ?. I just love those tiny little 14k marks on the pin clasp. I also like the pierced earrings that are only marked on the post, or that little ladies wristwatches that is marked on the inside back cover that I can pop off with my thumbnail, oh yes those itty bitty French hallmarks. I'm just a big fan of gold marks!.... A Supper find I'd say! Just looking at the settings of the stones, I will say you most likely have real diamonds. You won't know until you have them tested.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread