pet peeves

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
It's my fault, I owed Buy it Now around $30, and wasn't paying a lot of attention. The bill was due on Saturday, but they don't post on Saturday, so I didn't bother to send it in until Sunday. They posted on Monday, but charged me $35.00 late payment fee. It's my fault, but that's the last fee they will collect from me. Their loss of my business won't affect their bottom line one iota, because I rarely use them anyhow, but they no longer have me as a customer. I'm done. And I have another pet peeve, I'm not a computer maven, and to me it just seems like it gets harder and harder to navagate around Amazon and Ebay, and I'm just tired of it.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every place charges a late payment fee. Credit cards, mortgage, car loan... why would this be different? It is essentially the same thing as a credit card.

No late payment= no late fee. You paying late and then boycotting them is no fault of theirs.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you mean you forgot to pay your ebay fees and they charged you a $5 late fee? Mine gets taken out automatically if I don't pay it by I think the 8th of each month. No need to worry about being late.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe I am not understanding the situation correctly but...

Are you saying you forgot to pay your ebay bill and they charged you a late fee? Now you are mad and refuse to use ebay to sell any more?

What happens if you forget to pay your gas bill, electric bill, credit card bill? Just food for thought...

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not exaclty sure how you got hit for a late charge. Did you pay from your bank that didnt have sufficient funds? I Cant even deal with Paypal anymore. Once they tried withdrawling 3 dollars from my bank multiple times one week, and rang up a few charges because i never used that account. My bank fixed it and i closed my paypal account.

The money i owed was from someone who didnt pay for the item, so i went thru all the steps to let Ebay/PayPal know there wasnt a payment and to cancel it. But hey still charged me final sale fees

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way this is written it sounds like the seller charged the late fee. If that's not the case, I have no idea.

Grundestoun

Dec 16, 2010
Idaho
Detector(s) used
coinmaster 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he is referring to Bill me Later, which is a form of credit that you can get through Pay Pal to pay for things you want but don't have the money for now. Kind of like a credit account. I have used it to buy things. They don't give you a grace period at all if you don't pay on the due date they hit you with a late fee. I have forgotten about it once. Now that I know there is no grace period I make sure it is always payed on time. I even schedule it ahead of time so I know I won't be late. You should never assume every bill has a grace period. That is what gets you in trouble. I had to learn the hard way too. I still use Bill me later. It is a good option for me at times when I really want something and it isn't payday yet.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not trying to pile on here, but I copied this from their site:

When will my online payment post?
If you're trying to make a payment for today, you need to schedule it no later than 11:59 p.m. Pacific to get same-day credit. Payments scheduled for a future date will be processed on the date you select. Although we do not process payments on weekends or holidays, you'll receive credit for making a payment on those days. All payments may take up to 3 business days from the date they are processed to appear in your Financial Summary.

So if the payment is made on a Saturday, it might not process until Monday, but you will still get credit for making the payment on Saturday.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just one more reason I don't use "credit" unless absolutely necessary. 99% of the time it is not a need, just a want and I don't want anything if I can't pay up front.

GibH- I've been meaning to ask you what's your avatar? A ceramic mug of some type?

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
billmelater.jpg

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the main point bosn is trying to make is how complex the sites are getting. Some folks, me included, don't want to have to graduate from and buy and sell college to buy something. One of you asked if he used the "bill me later" option. To understand how that option works, and to be sure of the ramifications of using it, a little time would have to be taken to "study" the function. I think bosn is like me, let's keep everything simple. Some high tech is fine but it's getting to where people have to be professional ebayers to get all of the advantages of the site and understand all of the functions. I know, if you want to play, learn the rules, but keep it to where more can play with confidence. jmho

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
If all you want to do is buy it is simple. Win the auction or click buy it now, pay the seller, & wait for delivery. It can't be any simpler than that. You have to choose to use "bill me later".

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Citi credit card, no late fees ever, no interest bump if payment is late or missed and no annual fee......

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GibH- I've been meaning to ask you what's your avatar? A ceramic mug of some type?

dig, It's a lantern/candle holder. I took the handle off for that pic. I tried to upload another pic of it with the handle and lit up, but the site won't let me for some reason.

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't do ebay very often, so every time I do, it's different, but I manage to muck through it. I have used pay-pal in the past, because if I sell something it's instantly paid for, and seemed like a good idea. Then they added a feature called "Bill me later." I'm sorry, I screwed up and called it buy me now, which has messed everyone up. Hey, I'm old and I get screwed up. Even though I have had the money in the pay-pal account, somehow I must have screwed up, because they always do the bill me later rather than take the money out of the pay-pal account. Which then means I have to remember to pay them later. Aint no big deal, I always paid them in full, never made payments. So I owed $32 or so, and forgot to pay. The bill was due on Saturday, they don't post until Monday, I paid on Sunday, and have admitted it's my fault, and also that I won't effect their bottom line one iota. I just think it's hen-house of them to charge $35 late fee when I paid them before they posted. Further more, I don't use them enough to cause me any angst, I've paid their late fee, and it won't happen again, because I won't ever use them again. I haven't sold anything on ebay for a long time either, but their might be a time when I'd sell something, and I can take the money out of pay-pal when I do. There are a number of things I don't like about ebay, but it's their business, they can do as they please, I don't have to use them. I guess my beef is I'm not smart enough to stop pay-pal from using bill me later, they made an extra $35 and can kiss off as far as I'm concerned. That's all, sorry about the mix-up and using the wrong description.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread